General information about transfers with the 3-Hour Pass
effective January 1, 2019
Starting January 1, 2019, RTD will offer transfers using the new 3-Hour Pass.
- The new 3-Hour Pass will replace the 3-hour one-way transfer.
- A 3-Hour Pass will be issued for Local, Regional and Airport fare levels.
- The 3-Hour Pass will allow riders to take unlimited trips at the same service level on bus or train within 3 hours from purchase or issue. Passengers must pay an upgrade if they use a higher level of service.
- 3-hour passes issued from the on-bus printers are marked with the expiration time (3 hours from time of issue), and are valid until the time printed on the pass. Factors may extend the expiration time such as service delays, detours, and inclement weather.
- 3-hour passes are not valid fare on Special Services such as BroncosRide, BuffRide or SeniorRide.
- 3-hour passes are not valid fare on Access-a-Ride.
- A validated rail ticket may serve as a transfer when continuing a trip by bus. If passengers wish to use a ticket from a 10-Ride Ticket Book or a Free Ride Coupon on rail, the ticket or coupon must be validated at the ticket validator at the rail station.
Transfer to University of Colorado A Line and SkyRide
Passengers using a 3-hour Pass from a Local/Limited or Regional service to the University of Colorado A Line or SkyRide bus service will be required to pay for a fare upgrade.
Passengers will be able to upgrade to a one-way trip to or from the airport (full-fare $7.50/discount $3.75/youth $2.30) with cash on any bus, or with cash, credit or debit at ticket vending machines at rail stations.
3-Hour Pass Disputes
Passengers will be able to upgrade to a one-way trip to or from the airport (full-fare $7.50/discount $3.75/youth $2.30) with cash on any bus, or with cash, credit or debit at ticket vending machines at rail stations. Inquiries should be directed to Customer Care at 303.299.6000.