September 2015: TJ Baker
Each month we highlight an operator of bus or light rail for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to do something a little different and feature a member of our maintenance crew, TJ Baker, who was nominated by passenger James Kamis for his hard work and great customer service.
“ I ride the light rail most every day often changing trains at the 10th & Osage Station. One member of the clean crew, TJ is always working hard to clean up the station. He is a dedicated, hard-working employee. In addition, he is a good person. Today I witnessed him helping an older man get on a southbound train. The man was elderly with a dog and was struggling, looked like he might fall down the steps. TJ scurried over, helped him board the train and gave him some advice on which direction the train was headed. Clearly this man was disoriented and needed help. Your RTD employee TJ took notice and helped someone in need, which is very admirable. This is a nice young man, very hard working and obviously cares about people. He should be rewarded in some fashion. ”
After receiving the commendation from James we wanted to know more about TJ and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I’ve been working for RTD for about a year now.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I’m just a regular guy. I’ve worked in factories, landscaping, and as a cashier.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I love working on the rails, I get to see all of Denver every day.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I would definitely be jamming some reggae music.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- It would be a lot nicer if I could wear shorts.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I’m a Jeep guy and I love to go off-roading with my two kids Christian and Indi.