March 2015: Clinton Carruthers
Each month, RTD encourages passengers to nominate a bus driver or light rail operator who goes above and beyond to make their experience memorable. This month, RTD recognizes Route 72X driver, Clinton Carruthers, who was nominated by passenger Paula Weisz for his excellent service and superb driving skills. Clinton drives the 72X from Quaker Street/W. Woods Circle to Union Station.
“ I would like to commend the driver of the eastbound route of the 72X that departs from Ward Road Park-n-Ride during the weekdays. Clinton is his first name, but I do not know his last name. In any case, he is an excellent, friendly, caring, and conscientious driver who is ALWAYS on time (both arriving at the Park-n-Ride and at Union Station). He is one of the best and most competent drivers I’ve had riding that route for 11 years. If RTD has an “Excellence in Service” commendation, I nominate him for that award in recognition of his excellent work. He is “one of a kind” and much appreciated. ”
After receiving the commendation from Paula, we wanted to know more about Clinton, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD and have you always been a bus driver?
- I retired from RTD after 20 years, worked for Veolia for 6 years, and now I’m back with RTD as a part-time driver.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I was a deacon in my previous life.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I really enjoy seeing the growth around Denver and surrounding areas.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Smooth jazz
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- A 60’s era theme
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- If I could change the uniform color, I would have a purple shirt and gray pants.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- Limousine service
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren and great grandchild. Bowling is my favorite activity.
Nominate an operator of the month
Do you have a favorite RTD bus or light rail operator? Nominate them for our next Operator of the Month Award!