Stuart B. Lanning
This month, RTD recognizes Route AB driver, Stuart A. Lanning, who was nominated by passenger Kevin Ting for his positive attitude and amazing customer service. Stuart drives the AB from Downtown Boulder Station to Denver International Airport.
Kevin Ting wrote:
“I want to commend the bus driver. He was amazingly courteous and helpful. He happily greeted everyone and was really considerate to ask if anyone left their bike by accident since an unlocked bike was sitting at the stop. He also encouraged everyone to help each other make change in a very helpful and positive manner. As someone from out of town that had bad experiences with previous bus rides, this driver’s positive attitude and willingness to help were a very refreshing change and really changed by impression of public transportation and RTD. I was particularly impressed by the chipper and helpful attitude given how early in the morning it was. Having more drivers like this one will result in many more happy riders and that is obviously good for RTD.”
After receiving Kevin's commendation, we wanted to know more about Stuart and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- Ten years and yes, I have always been a driver. I never had a driving job before and I truly love it.
- What were you in a previous life?
- A rock star or a mathematician, numbers have always come easy to me.
- What do you like best about driving?
- I like being trusted with the safety of passengers. It is truly an honor to receive the commendations from people who trust me with their safety. I enjoy the variety of people I meet every day.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- The only kind of music, ROCK !!
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- A moon roof with a hot tub and a kick butt stereo system (and a bathroom).
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I like the black and grey, although we have a few different choices.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- I really enjoy the airport runs. I meet a wide variety of people from all over the world. I am proud that people come to our state to see how much we have to offer, whether visiting or moving here.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- Working on my home and my 1972 Cutlass that I just had painted! What a SWEET RIDE!!!
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.