This month, RTD recognizes route J driver, David Hudspeth, who was nominated by passenger Paul Madden for his exceptional customer service and friendly attitude. David drives the J from Longmont to Boulder.
Paul Madden wrote:
“The driver of the J from Longmont to Boulder that leaves 8th & Coffman at 6:48 a.m. is simply one of your best. He is consistently friendly, helpful, positive, conscientious, and gentle. He takes an interest in his riders. I've seen him call out to riders who usually take his bus, but who are waiting for a different one for whatever reason to make sure they aren't missing their ride. He gives helpful transfer advice, above and beyond what is required, and he gives people time to be properly seated before moving the bus. It's a joy to ride his route. You should do whatever you can to retain him. If he could train other drivers, if any of his work ethic would rub off on them, RTD and all its customers would be the better for it.”
After receiving Paul's commendation, we wanted to know more about David and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD and have you always been a bus driver?
- I’ve been employed at RTD for five years and for the entire time I’ve been a bus operator.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I have not had a previous life.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I enjoy coummunicating with customers.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I would listen to Christian, country and bluegrass.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Country western
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I think blue would be good.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- I like the shopping special service we provide where we help senior citizens.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- Fishing, camping, hunting, and spending time with family and friends.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.