July 2015: Dale Zuber
This month, RTD recognizes Meridian Call-n-Ride driver, Dale Zuber, who was nominated by passenger Basil Bourque for his kindness and excellent customer service.
“ I have been fortunate to ride with Dale since my first day of work at Western Union on 12/08/14. This was my first job and my first taste of the "real world”, as I had just moved here from Boston and did not know anyone. Needless to say, I was nervous and did not know what to expect. Dale made sure to change all of that. He is incredibly helpful, kind and professional and in the last five months I have learned to call him a friend. Every morning he displays the same calm demeanor and knows all of his passengers by name. If there is a passenger running down the walkway, he always makes sure to wait for them and never leaves anyone behind. I look forward to seeing Dale each morning and he has become a fixture in my day. I have just accepted a new position and I am truly sad that this will be my last week here – not because I will miss this job, but because I will miss the friendships that I have made, among those, with Dale. I hope you recognize him as the valuable ambassador that he is. ”
After receiving the commendation from Basil, we wanted to know more about Dale and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD and have you always been a bus driver?
- I’ve worked for RTD 9 years. I drove a truck for a number of years before coming to RTD and also worked in the automotive field for 25 years.
- What were you in a previous life?
- An eagle
- What do you like best about your job?
- Not working in an office and being out in the public meeting new people.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I enjoy listening to 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s music.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- I think the buses look just fine.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I would leave the uniforms the way they are.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- Ham radio, fishing, and camping.
Nominate an operator of the month
Do you have a favorite RTD bus or light rail operator? Nominate them for our next Operator of the Month Award!