This month, RTD recognizes Route FF2 driver, Darren Maglischo, who was nominated by passenger Lisa Girard for his positive attitude and amazing customer service. Darren drives the FF2 from Downtown Boulder Station to Union Station.
Lisa sent us this message:
“I ride the FF2 approximately 3 to 4 times a week, and when Darren is driving, he just brightens my day. He’s always smiling, always helpful and always chipper. He holds the door for all the passengers entering the Union Station bus concourse, as the entire bus unloads. I’ve offered several times to hold the door for my fellow riders, but he refuses and does it himself. He’s always first off the bus to unload the cargo bays. He really seems to enjoy his job and I enjoy getting called by name when he sees me step on his bus. I think he should be recognized for how well he treats his passengers.”
After receiving the commendation from Lisa, we wanted to know more about Darren, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I joined RTD in March 2011. I’ve been a bus operator the entire time.
- What were you in a previous life?
- In my previous life I was a professional golfer.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I enjoy driving people to work each day. Driving allows me not to be stuck inside, I like that!
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I was an 80’s kid so if I could me and my passengers would rock out to 80’s music on the bus.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- An all sports themed bus for sure.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I have green eyes so the green casual polo I have would be worn all the time!
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- My favorite route is the FF3, I would drive it all day long if I could.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- When I’m not working you can find me on the golf course. I also like to play poker, and I love to follow all the Colorado professional sports teams. Most of all, spending time with my family and friends is where I’m at.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.