Each month we highlight an operator of bus or light rail for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to do something a little different and feature a member of our Customer Care staff, Laura Train, who was nominated by passenger Julie Leonard for her hard work and great customer service.
Julie Leonard wrote:
“For many weeks and months now, I've bought regional ticket books in the morning at Civic Center Station from Laura Train. She's always friendly and helpful. On a recent morning, I saw her deal with four people in a matter of minutes, one who needed directions, one who needed change, me buying my ticket book, and a young mother who was having trouble with one of the ticket machines. Laura quickly helped all of us get what we needed, while being pleasant and helpful to everyone. Her customer service is greatly appreciated.”
After receiving Julie's commendation, we wanted to know more about Laura and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I’ve been with RTD almost 5 years.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I don’t believe I had a previous life. I have one life to live.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I really enjoy making people smile and helping someone’s bad day turn into a good day!
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I would listen to Christian rock, or classic rock, alternative, 80’s, 90’s pop
- If you could wear anything you wanted to work, what would you wear?
- I would wear jeans, and flip flops to work every day.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I enjoy hiking 14er’s in the summer time and riding bikes. I also enjoy taking vacation trips once a year out of state or to Mexico.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.