This month, RTD recognizes Route 401 driver, Douglas Boyd, who was nominated by passenger Sara Mullins for his excellent customer service. Douglas drives the 401 from the Littleton/Mineral Station to the Highlands Ranch Town Center Park-n-Ride.
Sara Mullins said:“My 2 year old son has been obsessed with buses since the first time he learned of their existence. So for his 2nd birthday, I took him to the station to ride on a real one for the first time. Douglas didn’t have any other passengers and took the time to help make the experience a very special day for my son explaining the parts of the bus and how it works to him. My son was thrilled to meet a real bus driver. Douglas also suggested a better route than I had planned so I could get back to our car easier after the trip. So glad to have a driver like Douglas in our neighborhood! His kindness and thoughtfulness really made our day. I’m pretty sure my son wants to grow up to be like Douglas now”
After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Douglas, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I’ve worked for RTD for a little over a year and a half. Before that I worked for Denver Public Schools as a bus driver, and before that I worked 12 years at Target.
- What were you in a previous life?
- Trainer/coach for the Gladiators and Roman Wrestlers.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Freedom on the road and knowing that I am helping people get to where they need to go.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Anything 80’s except speed metal and gangsta rap.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- I like the bus the way it is.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- Purple or green
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- I like local service or regional, and I like the express or limited stop service too.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- Lifting weights, I’m involved in local pro wrestling as a ringside manager. I also enjoy karaoke or playing pool. I have been drug, smoke and alcohol free my entire life (46 years).
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.