This month, RTD recognizes, Inge Klassen, who drives different routes. The commendations featured are from passengers Larry Ralston and Brooke Patterson for her kindness and helpful attitude. Read more about Inge.
Larry Ralston wrote:
“Inge is a skilled professional driver, but what sets her apart is the personal attention she gives to each and every passenger. She is obviously familiar with her regular passengers, but also pays attention to those new to her route. She makes sure they know how to make connections and identifies the closest stop to their destination. Drivers like Inge will draw more riders to RTD than all the advertising you can possibly do. This may be the only time I ride this particular route, but it would be a pleasure to ride with her every day.”
Brooke Patterson wrote:
“I would love to commend Inge for being such a pleasant driver! Last week was her last week with us and I will miss her so much! She was always upbeat and it was always a pleasure to ride when she is driving. She also was proactive whenever there was a passenger with a disability making sure there was a space for them and giving them priority. She was so friendly and I will miss seeing her every morning. You have a great driver!”
After receiving the commendation from Larry and Brooke, we wanted to know more about Inge, and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD and have you always been a bus driver?
- Since March 2012, and I’ve always been a bus operator.
- What were you in a previous life?
- No previous life, but thus far a great life with many chapters in different worlds.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I like driving large vehicles. The scenery on various routes is also great, but I mostly like interacting and helping passengers.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Jazz and R&B
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- The gray and black is fine with me. I really like our casual polo shirt but would like to have other color choices. Best colors for me are red and blue. Big plus, the polo’s do not need ironing unlike the regular button up uniform shirts.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- Coach runs with pleasant passengers.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I love to travel and visit other countries and cultures. I also enjoy the great state and outdoors of Colorado, hanging out with my granddaughters and gardening.