This month, RTD recognizes Route 15 driver, Jennifer Allen, who was nominated by passenger Tom Benghauser for her excellent customer service. Jennifer drives the 15 from Union Station to the Anschutz Medical Center.
“I am 72 years old, fat and out of shape, and bicycle-ridden. As soon as the driver saw that I needed to lift my bike up onto the rack she immediately came out to help. Throughout the trip she was positive and patient with many other passengers as well. She clearly loves her job. On my way off the bus I asked her to be my Honorary Granddaughter and much to my delight she agreed.”
After receiving the commendation from Tom, we wanted to know more about Jennifer, and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I have worked for RTD for the past six and a half years, however, I’ve been driving commercial lines for the past 17 years.
- What were you in a previous life?
- In my past life I was an actress. I had to Google this question and take a quiz and the results showed – I guess I can be a little dramatic at times.
- What do you like best about your job?
- What I like most about driving is being outdoors, meeting new people and every day is different.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- If I could listen to music while driving, I would prefer to listen to Jazz it relaxes the mood.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- If I could deck out a bus I would add so much stuff that no one would ever want to get off so things like TV’s, Wifi, food, beverages, some music.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- If I could change the uniform colors I would keep the black and allow polo shirts every day with more colors added such as pastels for special events, and during the holidays you could dress to show your spirit.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- My favorite service to drive is bus service on any route. I love to interact with people.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- My favorite hobbies or activities are spending time with family, anything outdoors and to find other things to do, I go online and search what to do in Denver and then find places to go to and just try different things out.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.