Each month we highlight an operator of bus or train for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to feature bus driver Lewargrea Terry.
From anonymous:“Terry is the absolute best driver I have seen in four years of riding the 205T. She is kind, conscientious, treats everyone well but also makes sure everyone follows the rules and treats fellow passengers with respect. She is a driver who seems to respect older people and keeps an eye out for us on a bus full of high school students. She’s a safe and fast driver and obviously cares a lot about doing a good job and taking care of people. She treats everyone fairly and kindly. In short, you are lucky to have Terry as a driver on this route – she’s the best. I commute on two buses every day to my job in Denver for a total of three hours, and I’ve been doing this for four years, so I’ve seen a lot of drivers come and go. Terry is absolutely wonderful!”
After receiving the commendations, we wanted to know more about Lewargrea, and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- At the end of March I will have been here for four years. When I was a child my mother drove a city bus as well so it was something I was familiar with.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I imagine was a detective, solving crimes comes so easy to me. I love all types of detective, crime and investigative shows. I solve the crime before the cops do every time in the first 3 to 5 minutes of the show.
- What do you like best about your job?
- I like meeting new people, and the different scenery. You don’t have to stay in one place too long. Most passengers are extremely nice, very grateful and appreciative, which makes me feel the same way.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I would listen to Gospel music. Listening to Gospel music puts me in a loving and forgiving mood. It makes me remember that I am not perfect and it opens my heart and releases all impurities and I think it would allow everyone else on the bus the same feeling.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Purple is my favorite color and I like shiny things, it would be decked out with a couple of shades of purple with long eyelashes on the head lights, diamond sparkles and pink kisses all over.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I would change it to a few colors of course. I love the style of Polo so I would do away with collar shirts. The men’s pant could be black, brown or dark blue and the shirt blue, green, beige or yellow. The women’s pant could be black or dark purple and the shirt lilac purple, purple, baby blue or pink.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- I like driving public transportation. I would just change little things like, I wouldn’t allow people that are too intoxicated or activities that bother other passengers can be a problem.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- My favorite hobbies I love word puzzles and writing. Anything that has to do with words. I like writing short stories and hope one day to write an actual book – keeping my fingers crossed.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.