Colorado Open Records Act requests
The RTD Board of Directors supports transparency in their governing role as policy makers for the Regional Transportation District. All records of the Board are public records and open to the public for inspection per the Colorado Sunshine Act, C.R.S. 24‐72‐201. To request records, please follow the process below.
How to request Board public records
- Submit a written request to Paula.Perdue@RTD‐Denver.com or mail to Paula Perdue (or Executive Manager for the RTD Board of Directors), 1600 Blake Street, BLK 36, Denver, CO 80202
- Please be as clear as possible related to your request. (i.e. date/s for information, subject, names or anything you may have that will assist us in our search)
- Please state in your request if/how much cost you will approve for copying of these documents or the contact process for approval of costs.
- RTD may copy public records for a reasonable fee not more than $.25 per page unless actual costs exceed that amount (see paragraph 205(1)) or if manipulation of data required, reasonable fees may be charged (paragraph 205(3)) or reasonable fees for printing computer record other that word processing may be charged (paragraph 205(4)).
- The Board office will provide a response within 3 days unless deadline cannot be met and extenuating circumstances identified. Per paragraph (203(b)) of the CORA, 7 days can be allowed. The Board office will notify you if additional time is required.
- Exceptions: Public records do not allow inspection of the following records (paragraph 204):
- Contrary to state or federal law (1)
- Real estate appraisals relative to property acquisitions until property has been acquired (2(a)(IV)
- Test questions (2(a)((II)
- E‐mail addresses provided by persons for communications with RTD (2(a)(VII))
- Medical, mental health, sociological and scholastic achievement data (3(a)(I))
- Personnel records (3(a)(II))
- Letters of reference (3(a)(III))
- Trade secrets and confidential data obtained from or furnished by any person (3(a)(IV)
- Addresses and phone numbers of customers (3(a)(IX))
- Records of sexual harassment complaints and investigations except where part of public court proceedings (39a)(X))
- Records submitted by applicant for executive positions except finalists (3(a)(XI))
- Records protected under common law governmental deliberative process privilege (3)(a)(XIII))
- Specialized details of security arrangements or investigations (3(a)(XVII))
Board meeting resources
Contact the Board Office
The Board Office requests that a courtesy copy of all correspondence, invitations, and notices of events be sent to Executive Director Paula Perdue
RTD, Attn: Paula Perdue,
1600 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202