RTD ROW AGREEMENT POLICY
All Construction Requests MUST start with Agreement Requests to the RTD Real Property Department. RTD owns and had prior rights to the ROW in which we operate our many train corridors, bus routes, park-n-Rides, offices, shops, and maintenance facilities. ROW Agreement Requests must be submitted any time proposed work involves contractors working on/across RTD ROW or RTD Facilities.
Agreement Request Packages to RTD need to include:
- Letter to RTD ROW explaining Location of Work, Details of Work, Method of Construction, Indicate if Temporary or Permanent changes to the ROW.
- Drawings (Plan/Profile) showing your proposed work and RTD ROW and RTD facilities (ie. Tracks or Park-n-Rides)
- Copies of any Existing Easements, Agreements, or Prior Rights claims
- RTD Railroad Utility Agreement - Application Data Sheet (if entering RTD RR ROW or crossing RTD tracks with a utility)
Submit Agreement Requests and Questions to:
Manager of RTD Real Property
1560 Broadway Street, Suite 650, Denver, CO 80202
- Agreement Request Packages are first reviewed by Real Property, then routed to multiple RTD departments for review.
- RTD Engineering will work with you to modify your design until it meets RTD Requirements & Criteria. Review time depends on the quality and completeness of your submitted design package and the number of conflicts with RTD systems.
- Utility Work requires an additional Procedure - Utility Agreements.
- After all RTD departments complete their review and if/when your Agreement request has been Approved, RTD Real Property and RTD Legal will begin writing your Agreement (60-90 days).
Final approval is NOT guaranteed until an RTD Agreement has been executed.