|Job Title:||BUS OPERATOR (Part time or Full time)||Department:||Bargaining Unit|
|Pay Grade/Code:||Per CBA||Location:||Assigned Transportation Operating Facility|
|Reports To:||Operating Division Transportation Manager|
|This position requires Union Membership|
This position involves all duties and responsibilities associated with transit vehicle operation. Duties include carrying out those functions pertaining to the safe, courteous, and efficient operation of assigned transit vehicles on routine and/or special service routes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, employing defensive driving techniques, maintaining professional courtesy while under stress, making public address announcements, properly answering questions and solving transit-related concerns of passengers, and exercising prudent judgment under a variety of constantly changing operating conditions. This is a safety sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the RTD Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RTD, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RTD policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations. This includes using proper defensive driving techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes and stops within the District as well as RTD's current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RTD operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RTD pre-trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus controls for use while in service. Also conducts an internal visual inspection at the end of revenue service to collect and turn-in lost items.
- Completes accident and incident reports accurately and legibly as necessary at the end of scheduled shifts.
- Completes farebox, passenger, and bus maintenance defect reports and maintenance repair orders as necessary upon completion of scheduled shifts.
- Provides customer service information in a courteous, professional manner. This includes operating the automated stop announcements system and/or stating stop and public information announcements over the public address system, and properly answering questions and solving transit-related concerns of passengers.
- Stocks the on-board bus schedule racks with appropriate bus schedules and RTD approved brochures, issues official information fliers and surveys as required.
- Operates farebox, inspects various bus passes, and distributes and collects bus transfer slips in a professional, courteous manner. Also records and maintains passenger counts as necessary.
- Complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) in operating the transit bus. This includes providing accessibility for disabled passengers to board and de-board by properly operating the accessibility lift and safely securing such passengers in a courteous manner, announcing designated stops, and pre-testing all passenger accessibility lifts and equipment during pre-trip inspections.
- Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job responsibilities. These can include, but are not limited to, boarding and de-boarding transit buses, operating the disabled passenger accessibility lift, properly securing disabled passengers, properly operating all transit bus controls and operating devices, and loading and unloading passenger baggage as required.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Equivalency in relevant job experience will be considered.
- Must be at least nineteen (19) years of age.
- Not more than five (5) points assessed against motor vehicle record (MVR) in the past two (2) years not more than ten (10) points on the seven year record as well as possessing a continually valid driver's license for the past two (2) years. Also no DUI, DWI, or reckless driving in the past 5 years.
- Ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain a current DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate thereafter.
- Ability to pass a RTD required Physical Ability Assessment (PAA) related to the physical requirements of the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current valid Colorado Commercial Driver's License with an air brake and passenger endorsement (Class B-P2).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current clearance badge from Denver International Airport by passing the established security clearance and training process.
- Ability to successfully complete the Bus Operator Training Program, which includes achieving the required minimum scores on all written and driving tests and evaluations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use standard defensive driving techniques.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to tell time and keep a timely schedule.
- History of satisfactory attendance, which includes the ability to report to work in a punctual manner.
- Ability to read and understand maps and time tables, which includes determining directions and following a mapped-out route.
- Ability to use prudent judgment and common sense in making quick, safe decisions with minimal supervision and adapt to constantly changing operating environments.
- Ability to work unusual hours, split shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, while interacting with customers and RTD staff in a courteous, professional manner. This includes providing good customer service by attending to the needs of a diverse customer base in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to work and maintain professional composure while under stress and pressure.
- Demonstrated physical ability to climb stairs, reach above shoulder level, walk for an extended distance, bend, stoop, lift, and push/pull up to 70 pounds without assistance as well as sit for an extended length of time.
- Ability to work in an environment with dust, fumes, exhaust, various noise levels, various temperatures, and chemicals for an extended length of time as well as in various outdoor weather conditions as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics consistent with required qualifications as determined in the job analysis.