Enter by posting on RTD's social media channels of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by August 31, 2017 at midnight for a chance to win a Dumb Ways To Die (DWTD) prize pack. Must be 18 years or older at time of entry.
Dumb Ways To Die Social Media Contest Prize Giveaway Official Rules
No purchase necessary. Sponsored by the Regional Transportation District
- The Regional Transportation District (RTD) “Dumb Ways To Die Epic Blunder” Summer 2017 Prize Pack Contest (“Contest”) is open to persons 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. All determinations of eligibility shall be made by RTD in its sole discretion. By sharing a story on social media outlets (Entry), entrant (Entrant) agrees that he/she has read and consents to be bound by these Contest Official Rules including the General Rules and Release of Liability and the Grant of Rights set forth below. Eligibility is conditioned on the acceptance of the Official Rules, including General Rules and Release of Liability and the Grant of Rights at time of submission.
HOW TO ENTER CONTEST:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Entries must be shared on RTD's Facebook page or advertisement, triggered by @rideRTD on Twitter, or triggered by @ridertd on Instagram. All Facebook and Instagram entries must be 40 words or less and 140 characters or less on Twitter. Entrants are encouraged to use the hashtag #safetyfirst so that RTD can better track entries. Use of the hashtag #safetyfirst on Facebook and Instagram will not count towards total word count. Use of hashtag #safetyfirst will count towards character count on Twitter.
- Contest submission will begin on Wednesday, June 21, 2017, at 12:00:01 AM (MST), and will end at 11:59:59 PM (MST) on August 31, 2017.
- RTD’s database clock will be the official time keeper of this Contest. For purposes of these Rules, all times are listed as Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- There is no limit on entries per participant, but participants may win only one (1) time during the submission period.
- Submissions/Entries provided from Monday-Sunday will be considered a current week, and winners will be contacted/announced by Wednesday for the previous week (Monday-Sunday). Winners will be notified via social media messaging.
- Weekly winners will be chosen from all entries on all social media channels.
- All entries are public, become Sponsor's property, and will not be returned or acknowledged. It is your sole responsibility to notify RTD in writing if you change your email address.
RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY:
- RTD reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify and remove any Entry (or Entry attached to an inappropriate username) that it believes contains any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or inappropriate content, is not suitable for publication, infringes the rights of any third party, or in any way reflects negatively upon RTD or otherwise does not meet all requirements in these Official Rules or that violate the RTD social media posting guidelines at http://www.rtd-denver.com/social-media.shtml.
- RTD will select winners each week by a committee who will seek out the most creative and safety-driven entry. RTD will attempt to contact the Winner through social media. The Winner will be required to reply or respond with the full contact information (name, street address, city, state, zip code, email address and daytime phone number) within 3 days of RTD’s notification attempt. A Winner’s failure to reply to RTD’s notification to acquire full contact information or any forms requested may result in disqualification at RTD’s sole discretion. Decisions by RTD are final. Promotion pack will be mailed.
PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
- RTD may award up to twenty (20) prizes consisting of a Dumb Ways to Die T-Shirt featuring a Denver scene. ARV for the prize is $15. RTD reserves the right to substitute prizes (or components of prizes) for prizes of equal or greater values. No other substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted. RTD is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize Winners. If any portion of any prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, RTD will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to RTD’s use of their Entry and/or prize information for any purposes in any medium without additional compensation, or notice to Winners, to the extent permitted by law.
GENERAL RULES AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
- The Contest is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States and the State of Colorado. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, Entrants release and hold harmless RTD, participating prize providers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, including from Winner's use or misuse of a prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use/redemption of any prize. Entrant and Group agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of RTD which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. RTD is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. RTD is not responsible for any electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by RTD or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of RTD which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, RTD shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible Entries received prior to termination will be drawn from, per these Official Rules. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation/voting will void all such submissions/votes by such methods. RTD RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE AND UNFETTERED DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON WHO TAMPERS OR IS SUSPECTED OF TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY AND/OR JUDGING PROCESS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RTD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
GRANT OF RIGHTS:
- Each Entrant submitting an Entry into the Contest irrevocably assigns and transfers all rights, title and interest in the Entry to RTD, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Entry for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Each Entrant gives RTD the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify his/her Entry in any way, in any and all media and without additional notice or payment of consideration to Entrant or other identifiable persons (Group) depicted in the Entry, for any purpose which RTD deems necessary or desirable, and each Entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have herein, including without implying limitation any and all attribution and integrity rights.
NO OBLIGATION TO USE:
- RTD shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Entry, or to otherwise exploit any Entry or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and RTD may at any time abandon the use of any Entry for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and Entrants and Group shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to RTD's use of his/her personal information as described in RTD's Grant of Rights policy in these Rules. In addition, by participating in this Contest, each Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that he/she is providing his/her personal information to RTD to fulfill its obligations under this Contest.
- Questions should be directed to RTD Dumb Ways To Die Epic Blunder Social Media Contest by phone at 303-299-2014; by email at email@example.com or by U.S. Mail at 1600 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202.