RTD's conducting a fare study
The study will evaluate the current fare policies, including how fares are calculated based on distance, zones, and class of service such as Regional, Express, and Local/Limited. We will also look at cash, tickets, passes, and other fare media.
Here's your chance to tell us about your experience using the RTD fare system and products, such as traveling through multiple fare zones, transferring from bus to rail, or using our fare products like transfers, ticket upgrades, 10-Ride tickets, etc. We will be addressing fare pricing at a later date and are not looking for input on cost at this time.
Through the study, RTD will evaluate and identify challenges with our fare structure and determine the best structure to meet our customers’ needs as our system continues to grow.
RTD Fare Study Presentation
We want to know what challenges our riders and the general public face in trying to understand current RTD fare policies. This is your chance to tell us what aspects of our fare structure – zones, Local, Limited, Regional, Express, SkyRide – and our fare media – smart cards, passes, cash, transfers, ticket vending machines – you like or you think need to improve.
In this PowerPoint, you will learn about:
- RTD’s existing fare structure and policies for buses, light rail trains and Access-a-Ride service.
- RTD’s upcoming rapid expansion and the need for a new fare structure.
- RTD’s fare payment options.
- RTD’s reduced fare program for nonprofits.
- How our transit agency plans to conduct its fare study over the coming months.
- RTD’s timeline for completing the fare structure study.
- RTD’s plans for implementation of a new fare structure.