State Highway 119 BRT Study will hold public meetings to seek input and provide an update on the project:
Wednesday, May 23
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Longmont Public Library
409 4th Avenue
Meeting Rooms A & B
Thursday, May 24
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
University of Colorado Village Center Dining and Community Commons
500 30th Street
Room 114 - enter through side entrance (southwest corner of the building) by the Village Center sign, near Visitors Lot 618
Longmont Public Library: Parking is available in the library’s surface and underground parking lots. Street parking is available on 4th Avenue, Emery and Kimbark streets. The library is also accessible via RTD bus routes LD, BOLT, 323, 324, 326, 327 and Call-n-Ride. Please note service on routes 323, 326 and 327 ends at 6:30 p.m. from the 8th/Coffman Park-n-Ride; route 324 service ends at 8:30 p.m. The Call-n-Ride service runs until 7:30 p.m. The LD runs until 11 p.m., while the BOLT runs even later.
University of Colorado Village Center: Free two-hour street parking is available on 30th Avenue between Baseline Road and Village Center. Paid parking is available in Visitor Lot 618, adjacent to the building. Parking is $2/hour until 7 p.m. and then $1/hour after. The building is also accessible via RTD bus routes 225 along Baseline Road and the BOUND along 30th Street.
Project Study Process and Outcomes
- Analysis of alternative BRT improvement options
- Locally preferred alternative with stakeholder and community support
- Preliminary engineering (30 percent design plans)
- Environmental clearance of the BRT improvements
- Preliminary capital and operating and maintenance costs
- Financial analysis/phased funding strategy for implementation
SH 119 BRT STUDY TIMELINE
- Project study started August 2017
- Quarterly Policy Advisory and Technical Advisory Committee meetings
- Quarterly public meetings begin November 2017
- Project study estimated to conclude December 2018