We want your input
We’ve scheduled five public meetings to discuss the proposed US 36 Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) service plan. These meetings are designed to inform the public and to obtain input on the proposed changes.
Attendance at public meetings is not required to comment. You may also fax your comments to 303.299.2227 or email email@example.com no later than May 1, 2015.
Public Meeting Schedule
Monday, March 16, 2015
Boulder Public Library
1001 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder Creek Room
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Louisville Recreation Center
900 West Via Appia Way
Thursday, March 26, 2015
George Di Ciero City and County
One DesCombes Drive
Room Zang Spur
Thursday, April 2, 2015
City Park Recreation Center
10455 Sheridan Boulevard
Monday, April 13, 2015
RTD Administrative Offices
1660 Blake Street, Rooms T & D
The following communication assistance is available for these public meetings:
Language interpreters, sign-language interpreters, and assisted-listening devices. Please notify RTD of the communication assistance you require at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting you wish to attend by calling 303-299-2004.
Proposed US 36 Bus Rapid Transit Service Plan
With the implementation of the US 36 Bus Rapid Transit service, it is proposed routes 86X, BF, BMX, BV, BX, DD, DM, HX, S, and T would be consolidated into five routes as part of the new bus service.
Local stops within Boulder, Downtown Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus to be determined.
- 1. All station Denver and Boulder Transit Center
- It is proposed the all-station bus route would connect Boulder Transit Center and Union Station and serve all stations along US 36. Weekday service would operate every 15 minutes in both directions. Saturday midday service would operate every 15 minutes in both directions. Sunday midday service would operate every 30 minutes in both directions.
- 2. Express Denver and Boulder Transit Center
- It is proposed the Express route would connect Boulder Transit Center and Union Station via the Table Mesa and McCaslin US 36 stations. Weekday morning and evening rush-hour service would operate every 10 minutes in both directions.
- 3. Denver, Westminster, and Broomfield
- It is proposed that this route would connect Broomfield and Sheridan US 36 stations and Union Station. Weekday morning rush-hour service to Union Station and evening rush-hour service to Westminster and Broomfield would operate every 15 minutes.
- 4. Boulder Transit Center and Anschutz
- It is proposed that the Route DM would continue to provide service between Boulder Transit Center and Anschutz Medical Campus. This route would continue to operate on weekdays and provide 30-minute morning and afternoon rush-hour service.
- 5. Boulder Junction at Depot Square and Civic Center Station
- It is proposed that this route would provide service between Boulder Junction at Depot Square and Civic Center Station, connecting Table Mesa, McCaslin, Broomfield, and Sheridan US 36 stations. Weekday morning and afternoon rush-hour service would operate every 15 minutes in both directions.
|BRT Route||Eastbound to Denver||Westbound to Boulder|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak|
|1. All station Denver and Boulder Transit Center||15||15||15||15||15||15|
|2. Express Denver and Boulder Transit Center||10||10||10||10|
|3. Denver, Westminster, and Broomfield||15||15|
|4. Boulder Transit Center and Anschutz||30||30|
|5. Boulder Junction at Depot Square and Civic Center Station||15||15||15||15|
Proposed Route Adjustments
It is proposed to discontinue service between Boulder Junction at Depot Square and the Boulder Transit Center due to low ridership. Alternate service is provided by routes 205 and HOP. In addition, morning and afternoon rush-hour service would be increased to a 15-minute frequency between Boulder Junction at Depot Square and Flatiron Business Park.
Following the completion of the Diverging Diamond Interchange, it is proposed to reroute Saturday and Sunday service from McCaslin Boulevard to McCaslin Station.
It is proposed to reroute service via Northwest Parkway to Denver International Airport. Alternate service would be provided via the new bus service to either Flatiron Station or Union Station where connections could be made to other airport services.