The Easiest Way to and From Denver International Airport
RTD's University of Colorado A Line and SkyRide bus service offer convenient, affordable options to get to and from Denver International Airport (DEN). Getting to the airport costs just $10.50 from anywhere in the RTD service area. Catch frequent train service from Downtown Denver, Northeast Denver, and Aurora, or catch the SkyRide bus from Boulder, Thornton, and the Denver Tech Center.
Fares given above are for Airport fare level. Learn more about RTD fare levels
* Discount fares apply to seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, and Medicare recipients. ** Youth discount fares apply to youth ages 6-19 (up to three children ages 5 and younger ride free with a fare-paying adult). Active duty members of the U.S. military ride for free on all RTD services. Proof of eligibility is required for all passengers using discounted fare products.
Airport fare is just $10.50 from anywhere within the RTD service area. Airport fare is $5.25* for qualifying discount fare riders. Cash is required when boarding SkyRide bus; cash, credit, and debit cards are accepted at rail station ticket vending machines. Fare must be paid prior to boarding the train.
Airport service is included in the Regional/Airport Day Pass and Regional/Airport Monthly Pass, and the EcoPass and CollegePass at no additional charge.
A Local Day Pass, Local Monthly Pass, Local or Regional 3-Hour Pass, or Local or Regional ticket may be used as a credit toward airport fare.
Bus and train trips to/from Denver International Airport will be charged Airport fare, but all other trips are charged a Local or Regional fare.
SkyRide bus fares depend on the origin and destination of the trip (see fare downgrade details for SkyRide).
Rail fares depend on the number of rail fare zones traveled in (see rail fare zone details).
Airport fare upgrades
Passengers with a Local ticket, Local Day Pass or Local Monthly Pass will be able to upgrade to a Regional/Airport Day Pass (Full $6.40/Discount $3.20) with cash on any bus; or with cash, credit or debit at the ticket vending machines at rail and bus rapid transit stations.
A Local ticket, Local Day Pass, or Local Monthly Pass will serve as a $3.00 credit toward your SkyRide or Airport fare. Passengers will be issued a Regional/Airport Day Pass upon request.
Airport service is included at no extra charge for CollegePass, EcoPass, and Neighborhood EcoPass program participants.
Stations and Park-n-Rides
Need to leave your car at a Park-n-Ride?
Airport service is available at 12 Park-n-Rides throughout the metro area. Daily parking fees may apply. Parking fees are based on how long you park and whether your vehicle is registered to an address that is within or outside of the RTD district boundaries. You must always pay before leaving your vehicle. Long-term parking is limited to 30 days.
Park-n-Rides and Stations with Airport Service
Denver Airport Station
Getting from the Station to Your Flight
When you arrive at the airport, the train or bus will come to a stop at Denver Airport Station on level 1 of the airport. Please collect all of your personal belongings before exiting the vehicle.
To catch your flight, you will need to take the escalator to level 5. The escalator is located in the middle of Denver Airport Station, between the bus gates and the train platform. Additionally, elevators are located on either end of Denver Airport Station.
The five-story escalator will carry you to the new plaza on level 5, directly across from the security check point on the south end of the terminal. Proceed through the sliding glass doors to enter Jeppesen Terminal.
Getting from Your Flight to the Station
When you exit the aircraft, follow signs for baggage claim or the transit center. You will need to board the airport tram to get to Jeppesen Terminal where baggage claim and ground transportation is located.
Domestic arrivals are located in the center of the main terminal on level 5. International arrival is located at the north end of the terminal. Baggage claim is also located on level 5.
To get to Denver Airport Station, follow signs to the Transit Center and proceed to the south exit on level 5 (look for the large American flag), exit the terminal through the sliding glass doors and take the escalator located in the center of the plaza down to level 1.
- Level 6
- Airline ticket counter and baggage check
- Level 5
- TSA Security and baggage claim
- Level 1
Denver Airport Station
- Rail Platforms – Serving the University of Colorado A Line
- Bus Gates – Serving routes AA, AB, AT, and other providers
- Flight Information Display Screens – check the status of your flight as you arrive on the train
- Public Transportation Display Screens – check the schedule for bus and rail
- Flight Check-In Kiosks – check in for your flight and print your boarding pass
- Baggage Check – check your bags from this level for United, Delta, American, and Southwest Airlines. Must drop bags at least 90 minutes before your flight.
- Ticket Vending Machines – purchase tickets for the University of Colorado A Line or SkyRide bus service
RTD Customer Care – purchase tickets, ask questions and get directions
- Hours of operation:
- Monday-Friday8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Saturday / Sunday8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Visiting or New to Denver?
RTD is the best way to and from Denver International Airport. We offer fast, frequent, and affordable service options between the airport and downtown with convenient connections to bus and rail for easy access to the entire metro area. It’s easy to get around with 170 bus routes, 9,077 bus stops, and miles and miles of rail service. Learn how to ride our system and check out these quick links to make your travels a breeze.