How much does it cost?
Travel on the University of Colorado A Line will be local ($3.00), regional ($5.25) or airport fare ($10.50) depending on your destination. Discount fares apply for those who are eligible. Service on the University of Colorado A Line is the same cost as a comparable trip on RTD’s bus services. To learn more about RTD’s fares, visit our fare page. Select a starting and ending station below to calculate your fare:
Loading trip calculator
The RTD rail system is divided into four fare zones: A, B, C, and Airport. Rail fares are based on how many fare zones you travel in during your one-way trip. Travel in one or two zones is a Local fare, travel in three zones is a Regional fare, and any trip originating or ending in the Airport zone is an Airport fare.View fare structure table
|Union Station||38th & Blake||40th & Colorado||Central Park||Peoria||40th Ave & Airport Blvd - Gateway Park||61st & Pena||Airport|
|38th & Blake||Local||--||Local||Local||Local||Regional||Regional||Airport|
|40th & Colorado||Local||Local||--||Local||Local||Regional||Regional||Airport|
|40th Ave & Airport Blvd - Gateway Park||Regional||Regional||Regional||Local||Local||--||Local||Airport|
|61st & Pena||Regional||Regional||Regional||Local||Local||Local||--||Airport|
The University of Colorado A Line will stop at Platform 1 at Union Station. This is the closest track to the historic Union Station building and the Union Station Pavilion which provides access to the underground bus concourse.
- Connecting rail lines:
W light rail;
B, G (opening April 26, 2019), N (coming soon)
- Connecting bus routes:Free MallRide, Free Metro Ride, local and regional bus service out of the Union Station Bus Concourse
- Travel time to Denver Airport Station:37 Minutes
- Connecting rail lines: E, C, W light rail;
This is the largest Park‑n‑Ride on the University of Colorado A Line and is accessible from I-70 via the Central Park Boulevard interchange.
This station is shared with the northern end of line station for the R Line (opening late 2016) and will provide connections to light rail.
40th & Airport - Gateway Park
This existing RTD Park‑n‑Ride will serve as a commuter rail station.
61st & Peña
- Address:6195 N. Panasonic Way, Denver, CO
- accessible via 61st and Tower Road
- Car Parking: 800*
- Connecting bus routes: none
- Travel time to Denver Airport Station: 11 Minutes
- Travel time to Union Station: 27 Minutes
- *This parking facility is not owned or operated by RTD. This is a private parkinglot managed by Denver International Airport. Parking fees are $2 every 12 hours or a 30-day pass for $36 (no discounts or free parking). Must pre-pay at the lot with credit/debit cards only. For more information visit flydenver.com.
Photograph provided courtesy of Denver International Airport.
Denver Airport Station
The eastern end of line station on the University of Colorado A Line provides direct access to airline check-in, baggage check, and security screening.
Parking your car:
Parking at Park-n-Rides along the University of Colorado A Line is fee-based parking. Learn how to park at RTD facilities.
Parking at 61st & Peña: This parking facility is not owned or operated by RTD. This is a private parking lot managed by Denver International Airport. Parking fees are $2 every 12 hours or a 30-day pass for $36 (no discounts or free parking). Must pre-pay at the lot with credit/debit cards only. For more information visit flydenver.com
Parking fees at RTD Park-n-Rides depends on if your car is registered within the RTD service area. Check out how to park.
If your vehicle is registered within the RTD service area, parking at RTD Park-n-Rides is free for the first 24 hours. After 24 hours, a $2.00 daily fee applies. You must pay before getting on the train.
If your vehicle is registered out of district, a $4.00 daily fee applies. You must pay before getting on the train.
Safety Tip: Don't advertise your absence. Take your parking receipt with you and do not leave it on your dash.
Vehicles may not be parked continuously for longer than 30 consecutive days. Vehicles parked greater than 30 consecutive days without being moved may be subject to ticketing and towing at the owners expense.
How to pay for parking:
You must pay onsite, prior to leaving your vehicle. Non-payment of applicable parking fees will result in a fine. Take your paid parking ticket with you – be safe and don’t leave it on your dash.Learn more about parking at RTD stations
With service from Denver International Airport into the heart of Downtown Denver at Union Station, the University of Colorado A Line is opening up connections all across the Denver-metro area. Union Station is a multi-modal transit hub offering light rail, commuter rail, Greyhound, and Amtrak, as well as local and regional bus routes serving destinations across the region.See map legend
- AUnion Station to Denver Airport Station
- BUnion Station to Westminster Station
- CUnion Station to Littleton
- EUnion Station to Lone Tree
- GUnion Station to Wheat Ridge - opening 4.26.19
- WUnion Station to JeffCo - Golden Station
- NUnion Station to Thornton - coming soon
- 0 South Broadway
- 15 East Colfax Avenue
- 19 North Pecos
- 20 20th Avenue
- 31L North Federal Limited
- 39L North Colorado Limited
- 55L Olde Town Arvada Limited
- 72L Quaker via Ward Limited
- 80L West 80th Limited
- 104X Commerce City/Denver Express
- 120X Thornton/Wagon Road Express
- FF1/FF2/FF3/FF6 Denver/Boulder
- L/LX/LNX/LSX Longmont/Denver
- Free MallRide 16th Street Mall
- Free MetroRide 18th/19th Street to Civic Center Station