Reap the Benefits of RTD'S Corporate Partner Program
The Regional Transportation District keeps Denver moving by bringing families and friends together. As such, RTD offers a unique, holistic, customized marketing opportunity through its Corporate Partnership Program. This program is designed to select well-established companies to partner with a wide range of advertising assets.
Through this program, RTD seeks long-term partnerships that provide value and benefits for both parties. Strategic partnership opportunities are customized to meet specific requirements and business generation including naming rights, branding, advertising, communication, promotions, and online visibility.
Capitalize on a captive audience of more than 99M+ boardings annually across the system
Position in Community
Position as a community anchor to showcase sustainability and good corporate citizenship
Enjoy an ownership position through a dynamic communication and promotion platform
Association with a nationally recognized and highly respected organization
Valuable brand exposure to the RTD system serving 8 counties (including Denver) and 40+ municipalities
Bringing Together RTD, Companies and the Community
RTD’s corporate partnership program provides benefits for RTD, companies, and the community. The program provides companies with an innovative marketing platform while generating daily brand recognition. It also develops a continued sense of community and commitment to the growth of the metro area and its public transportation system.
These partnerships strengthen RTD’s financial health including generating funds for possible service expansion and better maintained facilities while also providing quality and affordable public transportation.
At RTD, our priorities in order. We’re dedicated to safe service, on-time service, exceptional customer service, clean vehicles, and clear communication. Learn more about RTD's priorities.
"80% of riders and 78% of non-riders feel positive about the Corporate Partnership Program as means to generate revenue for RTD"
Based on consumer-based market research performed by National Service Research in the Denver Metro Area
RTD is offering the opportunity for companies to become an official partner of RTD owned and operated assets. Partnership opportunities consist of holistic packages that combine rights and benefits such as category exclusivity, naming rights, advertising, signage, collateral material, online visibility, and onsite rights. Examples of partnership opportunities are noted below.
Light Rail Line/Station Partner
- Service through central, southwest, and southeast metro areas
- 7 lines (C, D, E, F, H, R, W)
- 26,363,053 annual boardings
- An easy way to get to DEN
- 4 routes
- 2,264,942 annual boardings
- Transportation for people with disabilities
- 402 cutaway vehicles
- 749,938 annual boardings
Bus Route Partner
- 120 routes cover 2,342 square miles of Colorado
- Service to more 9,800 bus stops
- 59,655,861 annual boardings
Free MallRide Partner
- Free shuttle service on the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver
- 36 vehicles
- 13,529,498 annual boardings
- Special service to major sporting events
- BroncosRide: 184,395 annual boardings
- BuffRide: 10,254 annual boardings
- Rockies service: 12,527 annual boardings
* service discontinued 3/4/18
- Takes riders to destinations within a geographic area
- 54 cutaway vehicles
- 553,639 annual boardings
Commuter Rail Partner
- 53 miles of rail, including service to Denver International Airport
- Projected ridership: 40,400 daily boardings
- First commuter rail line opened April 22, 2016 with the University of Colorado A Line
Free MetroRide Partner
- Free shuttle on 18th and 19th streets in downtown Denver
- Service started in May 2014
- 12 vehicles
- 383,541 annual boardings
- 82 Park-n-Rides are located across the metro area
- 30,730 parking spaces
- Pre-arranged bus service for groups of 10 or more seniors
- 61,992 annual boardings
Partnership Rights and Benefits
Check out the 360° marketing benefits for your brand.
1. Filter Criteria
Proposers must meet the following criteria:
- Business already established in the United States or have fulfilled all legal requirements/compliance to establish a business within the United States
- Established for at least two years
- Financially stable
- No history of fraudulent/unethical behavior
- Satisfactory record of contractual performance
- Businesses in the following categories will not be considered for participation: tobacco, adult content, political parties, arms/guns, or religious groups and associations.
2. Evaluation Criteria
If all criteria listed under "Filter Criteria" are met, RTD will take into consideration the financial offers and implementation proposals for each asset, which are listed below in order of relative importance:
- Financial offer
- Ideas on activating the partnership deal
- Ideas on how to promote RTD
- Ideas on corporate social responsibility activities to be attached to the program
- Additional partnership and business generation ideas
- Alignment with the RTD brand.
Contact Us About Becoming a Partner
Please contact Adrian Mabry for any sales-related questions about the RTD Corporate Partnership Program:
- What is the RTD Corporate Partnership Program?
Through this program, RTD seeks long-term partnerships that provide value and benefits. Strategic partnership opportunities are customized to meet specific requirements and, in addition to business generation, include naming rights, branding, advertising, communication and promotion, access to facilities, onsite promotions, and online visibility.
- What Rights and Benefits Do I Get?
Entitlement and category exclusivity, branding and advertising, system-wide identification and signage, product integration, promotions, incentives, sampling activities, public relations and partnership promotion, and online visibility and collateral material. For more details, please contact us.
- Where Will My Brand Appear if I Become a Partner?
By sponsoring an RTD asset, your company has access to an innovative partnership package that combines a variety of rights and benefits such as naming rights, name and logo recognition on directional and informative signage, advertising within a station or on trains and buses, company name or logo on RTD's website, and collateral material and recognition in RTD press releases.
- What is the Duration of the Agreement?
The term of agreement varies by asset. RTD looks for long-term relationships, typically from three to five years. Both fee and term of agreement are open for negotiation.
- What if I'm Interested in an Asset not Listed under the Available Opportunities?
Any proposer interested in submitting a proposal not currently offered is encouraged to use the online interest form or contact Adrian Mabry at 303-299-2491 or [email protected]. Proposers don't need to wait for RTD to announce an asset to make an offer for consideration.
This program answers to a deeper level of holistic brand integration and partnership in which the three parts involved – RTD, companies, and community – mutually benefit. Not only does this program provide companies with an innovative marketing platform while generating daily secure brand recognition, but it also develops a continued sense of community and commitment to the growth of Denver and its public transportation system.
RTD intends to strengthen the financial health of the agency and generate funds for possible service expansions and for better-maintained facilities while continuing to provide quality affordable public.
- How Will Partners be Selected?
All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by predetermined criteria including contract fee to the RTD, term of agreement, revenue and business generation ideas as well as suggested partnership activation programs. See selection criteria for more information.
- How do I Submit a Proposal?
- Who is in Charge of Commercializing this Opportunity?
Please contact Adrian Mabry for any sales-related questions about the Corporate Partnership Program.