Join our Team
RTD mechanics do more than fix buses and trains. They make a meaningful impact on people’s lives and have a lot of fun along the way. Make a difference. Become a bus or train mechanic today.
We Offer Great Benefits:
- $25.32 – $33.03 per hour
- $2,000 hiring bonus! *Conditions apply
- A full benefits package paid time-off, medical & dental, retirement pension and more.
- General repair and electro-mechanic positions available
What A General Repair Mechanic for Bus Does:
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical problems on all RTD vehicles and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all RTD vehicles and equipment
- Operates vehicles in strict compliance with RTD policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations.
- Performs on-street maintenance by operating RTD service/tow trucks.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and forms for repair orders, service truck logs, core and warranty tags, and parts slips.
- Identifies required parts for repairs and properly requisitions parts from appropriate storeroom.
- Performs job responsibilities in a garage shop environment, which includes, but is not limited to, working with fumes, chemicals, various noise levels, at heights, in confined spaces, and in various outdoor weather conditions as required.
- Attends daily crew meetings for work assignments and other instructions.
What an Electro-Mechanic for Light Rail Does:
- Repairs Light Rail body including windows, interiors, body damage and painting.
- Plans and lays out work using blueprints, schematics and technical manuals.
- Performs Light Rail re-railing operations and other emergency procedures
- Fabricates Light Rail components as necessary in order to effect repairs and meet revenue service.
- Utilizes all shop tools and test equipment such as wheel true machine, tire press, electronic test equipment, laptop computers and basic hand and power tools.
- Assists in cross training others.
- Cleans shop and equipment
See what some of our talented mechanics have to say about working for RTD:
RTD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The Regional Transportation District complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
RTD participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. Learn more.