Access-a-Ride COVID-19 Information
We at RTD value the need for our Access-a-Ride customers to continue their daily life and work. We are taking extraordinary steps to communicate these changes and opportunities to all of our customers, across all of RTD’s platforms.
- RTD is requiring its drivers and passengers to wear a mask, or face covering, while traveling on Access-a-Ride for the safety of themselves and others.
- Customers can call and schedule up to 7 days in advance of their trip, depending on eligibility. Standing orders (subscription trips) will remain canceled at this time.
- The Colorado Department of Health and Environment recommends that anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home and avoid using public transportation. Therefore, if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms associated with the virus, Access-a-Ride will not be able to provide you with transportation.
Special service information:
Effective March 30: You may still book trips for essential purposes, including to purchase groceries. You must call one day in advance to schedule these trips. We will offer grocery pickup to your home from the following locations:
- King Soopers
- Community Ministry Southwest food bank
- Senior Hub Senior Solutions
- Adams County Food Bank
- The Action Center
- Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Growing Home
- MORE Life Center
- Community Food Share
- Metro Caring
- Sprouts Farmers Market
Please note: King Soopers and Safeway do not accept EBT or WIC cards as payment for online food orders.
Food banks and grocers will be added as they become available. If you are a vendor interested in participating with RTD, you may contact 303-299-6000.
Customers interested in having food delivered to them by Access-a-Ride must either call their food bank directly, or visit the Grocery Store website online in order to set up an account and place an order. Once the order has been placed, you will be given a scheduled pickup date/time from your grocer or food bank. You will then need to call Access-a-Ride reservations at 303-292-6560 and book a trip to pick up the groceries on that date and time. Keep in mind that King Soopers and Safeway will not process food orders over the telephone. Please note:
- This is a premium service during the COVID-19 state of emergency. This is to provide you a food delivery option that does not require you to ride. The service is for Access-a-Ride customers only, and does not require you to pay a fare;
- You must provide our reservations staff with the address of your grocer or food bank;
- You must provide us the scheduled date and pickup time;
- Our drivers cannot step inside your home. If your front door is not visible from the curb, please provide your contact phone number so that we can call you when the driver has arrived;
- Please do not order frozen food. Deliveries will be similar to passenger transit, and orders may be onboard for over an hour;
- Please note the scheduled time provided to you when your grocery delivery is scheduled. We cannot leave groceries on the front door of an unattended address.
- Your trip may take somewhat longer than usual, or be spaced farther apart. All paratransit service provider trip speeds have been slowed to allow for reduced productivity and increased social distancing during trip delivery, and to allow for greater standby driver capacity due to potential driver call-offs, as more employees need to remain home to care for their families.
- Eligibility appointments are now available at our assessment location. If you have been given presumptive eligibility, you must complete your assessment prior to the expiration date that was outlined in the letter, or you may be asked to resubmit your application. Customers who have mailed in an application may contact the scheduling coordinator at 303-292-6560, extension 4 to set up an appointment. Schedules are staggered to allow for increased social distancing and masks will be worn in the office by staff; customers should follow the most current orders regarding mask wear.
- We are responding to customer requests for appeals to their eligibility determination should they disagree with the outcome of their functional assessment. Due to the closure of RTD headquarters to the public, these customers will be scheduled for a teleconference with our Eligibility Review Committee. Customers should read their determination letters carefully for appeal instructions to initiate this process.