Colfax Marathon to cause temporary detours, delays for RTD bus, light rail routes
Some Regional Transportation District (RTD) bus and train services will experience detours from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 16, due to the Colfax Marathon.
This year marks the 15th anniversary for the marathon, which will run through Denver and Lakewood. Race events take place on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 16-17, and may temporarily affect RTD light rail and bus routes that run along and across Colfax Avenue.
D, H and L light rail (Saturday, Oct. 16, only):
- D and H Lines will not serve Colfax at Auraria Station through the downtown loop
- D and H Lines will continue to serve 10th•Osage Station, and will detour to serve Auraria West Station, Empower Field at Mile High Station, Ball Arena•Elitch Gardens Station and Union Station
- The L Line will not be in service, and customers are encouraged to use bus Route 43 as an alternative option
- Customers looking to connect to downtown can take the Free MallRide to/from Union Station
- No impacts to RTD rail service are expected to occur on Sunday, Oct. 17
- Oct. 16 only: the following bus routes will be temporarily detoured in many areas, and will be allowed to cross the marathon route when possible: 0, 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 15L, 16, 19, 20, 24, 28, 30, 38, 43, 44, 48, 51, 52, 76, 83L
- Oct. 17 only: routes 20 and 24 will also have a minor detour around the event from 9 to 11 a.m. during the Colfax 5K race
Customers using routes affected by the marathon should expect delays and detours, which may affect scheduled connecting bus and rail trips. Check the RTD website before traveling for schedules and to plan a trip.
For the Oct. 16 race day, RTD is accepting Colfax Marathon 2021 race bibs as valid fare payment on the following rail lines and bus routes:
- Rail lines: W Line
- Bus routes: 15, 15L, 16
Per federal mandate, a mask is required while riding on or waiting for RTD vehicles, including while outside on agency property.