Colfax Marathon to cause temporary detours, delays for RTD bus, light rail routes
Some RTD bus and train services will experience detours from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. Sunday, May 21, due to the Colfax Marathon.
This year marks the 16th anniversary for the marathon, which will run through Denver and Lakewood. Race events take place on Saturday and Sunday, May 20-21, and may temporarily affect RTD light rail and bus routes that run along and across Colfax Avenue.
D, H and L light rail (Sunday, May 21, only):
- D and H lines will not serve Colfax at Auraria Station through the downtown loop
- D and H lines will continue to serve 10th•Osage Station, and will detour to serve Auraria West Station, Empower Field at Mile High Station, Ball Arena•Elitch Gardens Station and Union Station
- The L Line will not be in service, and customers are encouraged to use bus Route 43 as an alternative option
- Customers looking to connect to downtown can take the Free MallRide to/from Union Station
- No impacts to RTD rail service are expected to occur on Saturday, May 20
- May 21 only: the following bus routes will be temporarily detoured in many areas, and will be allowed to cross the marathon route when possible: 0, 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 15L, 16, 19, 20, 24, 28, 30, 38, 43, 44, 48, 51, 52, 76, 83L
- May 20 only: routes 20 and 24 will have a minor detour around the event, 9 a.m.-noon during the Colfax 5K race
Customers using routes affected by the marathon should expect delays and detours, which may affect scheduled connecting bus and rail trips. Check the RTD website before traveling for schedules and to plan a trip.
For the May 21 race day, RTD is accepting Colfax Marathon 2023 race bibs, 6 a.m.-2 p.m. as valid fare payment on the following rail lines and bus routes:
- Rail lines: W Line
- Bus routes: 15,15L,16
Details on the 2022 Denver Colfax Marathon races and events can be found on their website at: https://www.runcolfax.org.