College football fans: RTD is your best ride to the CU vs Texas A&M game
RTD offers a variety of safe and reliable services to reach Empower Field at Mile High Stadium to see the University of Colorado (CU) Buffaloes play the Texas A&M Aggies at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday. Several local bus routes are available, and light rail lines directly serve the stadium.
RTD is supporting the event by adding capacity to regularly scheduled light rail service, including the E and W Lines that directly serve Empower Field at Mile High.
The University of Colorado A Line, B Line, G Line and N Line commuter rail service and Flatiron Flyer buses from Boulder arrive at Union Station, a short walk from the light rail platform served by the E and W Lines. W Line customers can explore traveling to/from Decatur•Federal Station. Parking at the Decatur•Federal Station is not available during the event.
Bus routes serving Decatur•Federal Station just south of Empower Field at Mile High include routes 1, 15L, 16 and 31. Some Local bus routes operate in the vicinity of Empower Field at Mile High, including:
- Route 30 (South Federal Boulevard)
- Route 31 (North Federal Boulevard)
Several bus routes serve Denver Union Station with a simple transfer to light rail to reach Empower Field at Mile High:
- Flatiron Flyer
- 0, 9, 10, 15, 20, 32
- 120X, LD
Per federal mandate, a mask is required while riding on or waiting for RTD vehicles, including while outside.
Helpful game day tips
- Fans must wear a mask while riding RTD services due to the federal mask mandate for public transportation.
- Plan ahead and prepare for large crowds.
- Please note that Auraria West Station is closed for events at Empower Field at Mile High.
- Purchase a round-trip fare when purchasing tickets at the ticket vending machines to avoid long lines after the game.
- Download the RTD Mobile Tickets app for easy, convenient fare purchase and storage. Are you a frequent user of the Uber, Lyft and Transit apps? RTD fares can be purchased there, too.
- Check the RTD website before you travel for schedules and to plan your trip.
For the latest details about service, follow RTD on Twitter @RideRTD and sign up for Rider Alerts. For additional route and schedule information, call RTD’s Customer Care division at 303.299.6000. Agents are available 6 a.m.-8 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on weekends and holidays.