Grocery delivery service now available to RTD Access-a-Ride customers
Starting March 30, home grocery delivery service is available to all of the Regional Transportation District (RTD)’s Access-a-Ride customers.
RTD is offering this service during the COVID-19 state of emergency to provide current Access-a-Ride customers with a food delivery option that does not require leaving home. No fare is required for customers to use this service.
“We are well aware that during a state of emergency, one of the first things people can lose access to is food,” said Paul Hamilton, senior manager of paratransit services. “When the public is being told to reduce their exposure to others, the last thing we want to do is ask them to leave their homes if they don’t have to. We are pleased to help our customers where they are, and we appreciate the grocers and food banks that are working with us to provide people with this crucial service.”
Grocery pickup is now available from King Soopers, Safeway, Community Ministry Southwest food bank, Senior Hub Senior Solutions and Adams County Food Bank. As additional food bank and grocery store locations are made available, that information will be shared on RTD’s website. Vendors interested in participating in this service should contact RTD at 303-299-6000.
Access-a-Ride customers can continue to book trips for essential purposes, including to purchase groceries. More details are on the Access-a-Ride webpage.
Customers interested in using grocery pickup service should note the following:
- They must call or go online themselves to set up an order and pickup time from a participating grocer or food bank.
- Once an order has been made and a scheduled pickup time has been established, call Access-a-Ride reservations at 303-292-6560 and book a trip to have the groceries picked up at that time.
- Calls to schedule grocery pickup trips must be made one day in advance.
- Reservations staff must have the address of the grocer or food bank, as well as the scheduled date and pickup time.
- Drivers cannot step inside homes. If a front door is not visible from the curb, please provide a contact phone number so you can be notified when the driver has arrived.
- Please do not order frozen food, as orders may be onboard a vehicle for over an hour.
- Please note the time provided when your grocery delivery is scheduled. Groceries cannot be left at an unattended address.