January service changes take effect Sunday, Jan. 8
Beginning Sunday, Jan. 8, the Regional Transportation District (RTD) will implement service changes to select light rail lines and local, regional and FlexRide bus routes. These changes are the first to support RTD’s System Optimization Plan (SOP), which prioritizes a regionally focused, high-quality transit network that delivers strong connectivity to equity communities and transit-supportive land use corridors.
Notable changes to service include:
- Consolidation of the C and F rail lines with the D and E lines, respectively
- Expansion of weekday service hours of Route 30
- Splitting of Route 12 into two routes (Route 7 and Route 12)
- Rerouting of Route 76 between Interstate 70 and Olde Town Arvada Station, adding two new stops along the route while serving all existing stops along the route
Please note that the proposed service changes to the following routes will not be implemented in the Jan. 2023 service changes:
- Route 10: Proposed change could not be made due to lack of opportunity for operator relief at terminal
- Route 15L: Proposed change not necessary to accommodate schedule changes on Route 15
These changes are being made in addition to schedule adjustments for a number of lines and routes to increase on-time performance and operational reliability.
RTD adjusts its schedule three times a year to address ridership changes and activities such as traffic patterns, economic factors and customer feedback that affect its system. Some of the changes support increases in ridership, improvement of on-time performance and increase in service reliability.
Additionally, changes are being made to adhere to the collective bargaining agreement between RTD leadership and the Amalgamated Transit Union 1001, which ensures appropriate time for operator breaks. For a complete look at the changes RTD is making, visit the Service Changes page of the website.
11, 12, 15, 21, 24, 30, 42, 44, 76, Route 83D/83L, 88, 93L, 120L, 130, 228, AT, BOLT, NB, RX, C, D, E, F, H, L, R, W
Keep up to date on service by following RTD on Twitter @RideRTD and signing up for Service Alerts. For route and schedule information, call RTD Customer Care at 303.299.6000 (Mondays-Fridays 6 a.m-8 p.m. and Saturdays/holidays 9 a.m.-6 p.m.). Call 303.299.6089 for the speech and hearing impaired. Visit RTD’s website at rtd-denver.com.