Light rail wire replacement will affect service on RTD’s E and R Lines this weekend
Light rail service on the Regional Transportation District (RTD)’s E and R Lines will be affected from 3 a.m. Saturday through the end of the service day on Sunday, as overhead catenary system (OCS) wire is replaced along portions of the two lines.
The OCS wires deliver power to light rail vehicles through the pantograph that extends upward from the vehicles and makes contact with the wire. While this work takes place, the E and R Lines will be affected as follows:
- The E Line will not have service between Belleview and Dry Creek stations. At Belleview Station, the E Line will run on the track adjacent to South Quebec Street.
- The R Line will not have service south of Belleview Station. At Belleview Station, the R Line will run on the track adjacent to I-25.
Bus shuttles between stations will be provided at the following locations:
- Belleview Station – board at Gate A
- Orchard Station – board at Gate C
- Arapahoe at Village Center Station – board at Gate F
- Dry Creek Station – board at Gate B
Riders should plan for additional travel time between affected stations. Scheduled service on the E and R Lines will resume Monday.
Passengers are required to wear masks and asked to practice social distancing while riding on or waiting to board RTD vehicles.
Questions about this or other rail maintenance work can be directed to Lisa Trujillo, manager of project outreach, at 720-675-2501 or [email protected].