May's service changes are now in effect
On Sunday, the Regional Transportation District (RTD) implemented service changes to select local, regional and FlexRide bus routes. Additionally, the agency’s Customer Care Telephone Information Center reopened on Sundays 9 a.m.-6 p.m., allowing customers to contact an RTD information specialist seven days a week.
RTD adjusts its schedule three times a year to address ridership changes, activities such as traffic patterns, economic factors, and customer feedback that affect its system. Some of the changes support increases in ridership, improve on-time performance and increase service reliability. For a complete look at the changes RTD made, visit the Service Changes page of the website.
Notable changes include:
- Adjustments to service frequencies and service spans of the D, E, H and L lines to match demand and improve service efficiency and connectivity
- Major changes to Route 10 in accordance with the agency’s System Optimization Plan, including extension of the route to Colfax and Billings, termination of westbound buses at Union Station, and removing Decatur●Federal Station and the Children’s Museum due to lack of ridership
- Seasonal suspension of school tripper service on Routes 11, 20, 30, 51, 65 and 73 due to summer break, which will return in the proposed September service changes
- Minor schedule adjustments are proposed for Routes 28 and 32 to ensure compliance with the ATU 1001 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Reinstatement of the Route FF2 and operate three eastbound and three westbound trips during morning and evening rush hours
- Addition of a 6:30 a.m. eastbound trip on Route FF5, and shifting the current 7:30 a.m. westbound departure from Anschutz Medical Campus to 7:50 a.m.
- Extension of Route 34 to 30th●Downing Station, where it would merge into Route 38, as well as rerouting of Route 34 to accommodate the new changes; two stops (19044 and 10945) will be discontinued
Keep up to date on service by following RTD on Twitter @RideRTD and signing up for Service Alerts. For route and schedule information, call RTD Customer Care at 303.299.6000 (Mondays-Fridays 6 a.m-8 p.m. and weekends/holidays 9 a.m.-6 p.m.). Call 303.299.6089 for the speech and hearing impaired. Visit RTD’s website at rtd-denver.com.