RTD 2021 Agency Profile and Facts available online
The Regional Transportation District (RTD) ’s 2021 Agency Profile and Facts is now available on the RTD website. The document is a year-in-review of how the agency responded during the extraordinary year of the pandemic and a look-ahead to some highlights in the coming months. The report also serves as a useful resource for facts and figures on key agency projects and services.
The past year required the agency to be innovative, nimble and flexible in its approach to delivering transit and improving customer experiences. This document highlights how the agency successfully met that goal while keeping safety and service at the forefront.
- A new approach to safety with tools to address concerns brought on by COVID-19.
- Safe and streamlined methods of communicating with the public and employees including a virtual process for input on service changes.
- Virtual Board meetings allowing constituents to engage with their elected leaders with ease.
- New ways to access special services, including centralizing FlexRide reservations and developing a reservation portal for Access-a-Ride.
- Customer communications upgrades to a singular platform through Salesforce that consolidates our customer information in one location and enables more robust communication.
- World-class mobile ticketing with another first-of-its-kind mobile ticketing launch, enabling customers in the Denver metro region to purchase RTD fares through the Lyft app, adding to the first-in-the-world mobile ticketing launch with Uber in 2019, and another integration shortly thereafter with the Transit app.
- Projects for the year ahead include 16th Street Mall upgrades and improvements to the route 15/15L (Colfax Avenue).