RTD Board of Directors details process for interim GM selection
As the Regional Transportation District (RTD)’s Board of Directors moves ahead with the process of appointing an interim general manager and CEO for the agency, the group is providing details today about how interested candidates can apply.
The Board this week approved considering both internal and external candidates for the interim position, to be appointed by Jan. 20. Current General Manager and CEO Dave Genova will remain in his role through that date.
The RTD Executive Committee is committed to conducting a thoughtful and thorough process to find the best person to lead the agency during this interim period, until the next permanent CEO is hired. It is the group’s utmost priority to select an individual who is ready to lead RTD during both great opportunities and sustained challenges.
The Board is looking for the following qualifications in applicants:
- A passionate, dynamic and forward thinking leader
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and exceptional negotiating skills
- Ability to manage and lead an organization in a highly political, complex and transparent environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and build bridges internally and externally to create opportunities to advance RTD’s strategic objectives
- Progressive approach to identify technological initiatives and other forward-thinking business practices that maximize efficiencies and offer service options to customers
- Proven record of working closely with the community and advocating for their needs as they relate to mobility and regional development
RTD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug-free workplace. The full job description is available through this link.
Interim General Manager candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by 5 p.m. MT Dec. 23. Letters of interest should be addressed to the RTD Executive Committee. Candidates must specify salary range and other compensation expectations, the size of the organization(s) they have led thus far, and when they could begin the position, which could range from 4 to 14 months. Materials should be submitted to [email protected] or sent by postal mail to RTD Board Office BLK-36 at RTD headquarters, at 1660 Blake St., Denver, CO, 80202. Applications also can be brought to the agency in person.
All materials will be reviewed by the Board’s Executive Committee, which oversees the process for selecting an interim general manager. Committee members include Chair Doug Tisdale and Directors Peggy Catlin, Angie Rivera-Malpiede, Shelley Cook and Jeff Walker. The group will meet with the full Board on Jan. 2 to discuss the recruitment process and the applications received.
Subsequently, the RTD Board of Directors plans to pursue a nationwide recruitment for a permanent general manager and CEO.