RTD celebrates grand opening of Southeast Rail Extension on May 17
Dignitaries will open the light rail extension with ribbon cutting, plaque dedication
DENVER (May 10, 2019) – The Regional Transportation District (RTD) and its partners will celebrate the extension of the E, F and R Lines on Friday, May 17, with a weekend of events, beginning with a ribbon cutting at Sky Ridge Station and a grand opening ceremony at RidgeGate Parkway Station in Lone Tree.
The grand opening ceremony, beginning at 10 a.m., will include remarks from RTD General Manager and CEO Dave Genova, Lone Tree Mayor Jackie Millet and other elected officials and community leaders who have been instrumental in making the rail extension a reality. In addition, a plaque will be unveiled.
WHAT: Grand opening ceremony for the extension of the E, F and R Lines. Free rides will be offered Friday between Sky Ridge and RidgeGate Parkway stations immediately after the grand opening ceremony through 2:30 p.m. During this time frame, bus shuttle service will be available between Lincoln and Sky Ridge stations.
WHERE: Friday, May 17 RidgeGate Parkway Station, South Havana Street and RidgeGate Parkway, east of I-25, Lone Tree
WHEN: 10 a.m. Ceremony, ribbon cutting and plaque dedication
SPEAKERS AT CEREMONY:
- Doug Tisdale, RTD Board Chair, District H
- Ken Mihalik, RTD Board Member, District G
- Cindy Terwilliger, FTA Region 8 Administrator
- Roger Partridge, Douglas County Commissioner, District II
- Former Mayor Jack O’Boyle, City of Lone Tree
- Former Mayor Jim Gunning, City of Lone Tree Mayor Jackie Millet, City of Lone Tree
- Buz Koelbel Jr., Board Vice Chair, Denver South Economic Development Partnership
- Keith D. Simon, Executive Vice President and Director of Development, Coventry Development Corp.
- Roger Wilson, Vice President, Rail – US Civils, Balfour Beatty
- Dave Genova, RTD General Manager and CEO
Credentials are required for members of the media planning to attend the grand opening ceremony and celebration. Those previewing the E, F and R media train on Tuesday, May 14, will receive credentials then and should bring them to Friday’s events. Those still in need of credentials can pick them up Friday at an RTD information tent at RidgeGate Parkway Station.
For additional questions, call the RTD media line, at 720-326-7311, or email [email protected]