RTD provides service to the Colorado Avalanche championship celebration events
RTD is making preparations for the Colorado Avalanche championship celebration rally and parade, which begins on Thursday, June 30 at 10 a.m. at Union Station.
RTD is committed to ensuring fans can get to and from the events but will have to adapt bus and rail services to accommodate the parade route and rally. The timing of services being suspended, detoured, and restored will depend on a variety of factors including crowd levels and streets closures. Several local bus routes and light rail lines will provide service to the celebrations, but many services will be required to detour around the parade and rally.
- D and H lines will terminate at Theatre•District•Convention Center Station beginning at 10 a.m.
- L Line service will be suspended beginning at 9 a.m.
- A fourth train car will be added to D and E Line trains to increase capacity
- Affected bus routes will detour beginning at 9 a.m. Routes include the 0, 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 15, 15L, 16, 19, 20, 28, 32, 38, 43, 44, 48, 52 and 83L.
- Civic Center Station will close to bus traffic no later than 10 a.m., and the bus turnaround remains closed due to construction. The RTD Sales Outlet located in Civic Center Station will remain open
- Free MallRide service will be suspended beginning at 8 a.m. per the parade taking place on 17th St where MallRide vehicles have been operating due to construction on the 16th Street Mall
Services will return to regular schedules as soon as possible, depending on when crowds clear and streets reopen after the events.
The parade will start at Union Station at the intersection of 17th Street and Wynkoop Street and proceed down 17th Street, making a right onto southbound Broadway and finish at Civic Center Park, where the celebration will continue.
RTD offers a variety of safe and reliable services to reach the celebrations, though detours and disruptions will be required to accommodate the parade route and rally. Services will return to regular schedules as soon as possible, depending on when crowds clear and streets reopen after the eventsCustomers are asked to plan ahead using the Trip Planner and Next Ride apps, as well as checking Schedules and subscribing to Service Alerts, and prepare for heavy crowds.