RTD Riders Should Plan for Longer Commutes This Morning
Roads are icy, so bus service will be slow in many areas; rail will run with delays
DENVER (March 14, 2019) - Riders heading out for their morning commutes today should expect delays on all Regional Transportation District services after yesterday’s blizzard and plan for extra time to reach their destinations.
At this hour:
- RTD should be able to deliver about 90 percent of bus service, with the highest priority given to regional routes and those with lower frequencies.
- Roads are icy and many are snowpacked, so service will be running slow in many areas.
- With the exception of Evergreen, FlexRide service will be provided elsewhere in the district.
- SeniorShopper service is not operating.
- All light rail lines are now running on 15-minute service, but riders should expect delays.
- Some power outages across the region could affect service throughout the morning.
- The University of Colorado A Line is departing every 30 minutes at this point, with potential delays in travel time of about 20 minutes.
Riders can obtain the latest service updates by visiting our Alerts Page, or by following RTD on Facebook and Twitter.