RTD to operate University of Colorado A Line on 30-minute schedule Oct. 9-10
In a coordinated effort with the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), RTD will offer University of Colorado A Line service on a modified schedule this weekend for planned work.
Beginning early Saturday, Oct. 9, and continuing through the end of service on Sunday, Oct. 10, RTD will provide commuter rail service every 30 minutes between Union Station and Denver Airport Station while CDOT crews install stormwater infrastructure for the Central 70 project under the University of Colorado A Line tracks near 40th•Colorado Station.
The weekend work will require customer boarding for all rail operations on the southbound track (Track 2) at 38th•Blake, 40th•Colorado and Central Park stations. Customers should plan for an additional 10 minutes of travel time.
While the pedestrian trail under Colorado Boulevard to RTD’s 40th•Colorado Station will remain open, customers are urged to exercise caution as construction equipment and activities may be present.
The Saturday and Sunday service schedule (from 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9, through the end of service on Sunday, Oct. 10) is as follows:
- Eastbound trains will depart Union Station every 30 minutes, on the half-hour and hour marks
- Saturday and Sunday: the first train will depart Union Station at 3:30 a.m.
- Saturday: the last train will depart Union Station at 1 a.m.
- Sunday: the last train will depart Union Station at 12:30 a.m.
- Westbound trains will depart Denver Airport Station at 27 and 57 minutes after the hour
- Saturday and Sunday: the first train will depart Denver Airport Station at 4:27 a.m.
- Saturday: the last train will depart Denver Airport Station at 1:57 a.m.
- Sunday: the last train will depart Denver Airport Station at 1:27 a.m.
Per federal mandate, a mask is required while riding on or waiting for RTD vehicles, including while outside on agency property.