RTD will suspend bus service into and out of downtown Denver Saturday, train service into Union Station will run on regular schedule
The Regional Transportation District (RTD) will suspend bus service into and out of downtown Denver for the entire service day due to heavy crowds expected for planned protests and marches. Light rail will also not run into the core of downtown.
The University of Colorado A Line, B Line and G Line will run on their regular schedules into Union Station. The C, E and W lines will also run their regular schedules into Union Station. This plan prevents buses from getting stuck amongst crowds that may form within the streets, but maintains access downtown via rail service at Union Station for those who want to attend the downtown events or need service to and from Denver International Airport.
For Saturday, the following service changes will be in effect:
- No bus service will be provided into/out of downtown Denver.
- The Bus Concourse at Union Station and Civic Center Station will be closed.
- Two dozen bus routes will be detoured around downtown.
- The L line will not be running.
- The H Line will run to 10th/Osage Station.
- Potential activity in the Green Valley Ranch area may lead to detours of Routes AT and 45.
RTD Saturday service ensures the safety of its employees, riders and the public, but maintains access to downtown for those that need it. Agency staff will continue to monitor and assess the situation throughout the weekend and respond as appropriate.
As a reminder, RTD urges its riders to be “partners in safety” by wearing face coverings and maintaining social distancing on all vehicles.
Any changes to service this weekend will be communicated using RTD’s rider alerts.