RTD’s next round of service changes go into effect Sept. 3
On Sept. 3, the Regional Transportation District (RTD) will implement routine service changes to select local, regional and FlexRide bus routes, as well as reinstating the Route GS between Federal Center and Downtown Boulder stations.
RTD adjusts its schedule three times a year to address ridership changes, activities such as traffic patterns, economic factors, and customer feedback that affect its system. Some of the changes support increases in ridership, improve on-time performance, increase service reliability and support the agency’s System Optimization Plan (SOP). For a complete look at the changes RTD is making, visit the Service Changes page of the website.
Notable changes include:
- Route 16: As outlined in the SOP, Route 16 will be split into two distinct service patterns, Route 16 and Route 17.
- The new Route 16 will operate between Colfax Avenue/Broadway and Oak Station.
- Route 17 will service Federal Center Station and 10th Street/Washington Ave in Golden, CO, with connections to route 16 at Oak Station.
- Changes are being implemented to increase opportunities for transfers at Federal Center Station and increase on-time performance on West Colfax.
- Route 65: As outlined in the System Optimization Plan, RTD is expanding operating hours to improve service reliability. Weekday service will run from 5 a.m. to midnight and weekend service will run 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. School-tripper service is also being reinstated.
- Route 120E/120W: Rerouting all trips to the Wagon Road Park-n-Ride to improve bus network connectivity and increase transit network access.
- Route 121: As outlined in the System Optimization Plan (SOP), RTD is implementing 15- minute service on Saturdays south of Peoria Station, with every other trip continuing to the 40th Ave & Airport Blvd•Gateway Park Station. While recommended in the SOP, adjustments to weekday service are not being made at this time.
- Route GS: As outlined in the System Optimization Plan, RTD is reinstating four northbound trips (6:52 a.m., 8:22 a.m., 3:48 p.m., 5:10 p.m.) between Federal Center Station and Downtown Boulder Station, as well as four southbound trips (6:52 a.m., 8:21 a.m., 3:48 p.m., 5:13 p.m.) between Downtown Boulder Station and Federal Center Station.
- School Trippers: Routes 11, 20, 24, 30, 51, 65, 73, 225
Keep up to date on service by following RTD on Twitter @RideRTD and signing up for Service Alerts. For route and schedule information, call RTD Customer Care at 303.299.6000 (Mondays-Fridays 6 a.m-8 p.m. and weekends/holidays 9 a.m.-6 p.m.). Call 303.299.6089 for the speech and hearing impaired. Visit RTD’s website at rtd-denver.com.