With Zero Fares for New Year’s Eve, RTD customers can celebrate responsibly
For the 14th year, RTD has partnered with Molson Coors to provide Zero Fares for New Year’s Eve, a program that encourages Denver residents and visitors to ring in the new year responsibly. All RTD bus and rail routes – as well as Access-a-Ride, FlexRide and SkyRide services – will be provided at no cost to customers from 7 p.m. Dec. 31 through 7 a.m. Jan. 1.
Since the program began in Colorado in 2008, nearly 2 million rides have been provided to individuals in the Denver metro region. The partnership holds the support of local and state law enforcement.
“RTD appreciates its continued partnership with Molson Coors to provide free rides throughout the transit system on New Year’s Eve, allowing customers to welcome 2023 safely,” General Manager and CEO Debra A. Johnson said. “Enjoy the evening, and let us be your designated driver as you celebrate.”
“We’re thrilled to once again offer Zero Fares for New Year’s Eve to help everyone ring in the new year safely,” said Tami Garrison, Community Affairs Director, Molson Coors. “Each year we’re reminded of the meaningful impact that stems from this program.”
Since Molson Coors began its Free Rides program in 1987, more than 8 million people in 28 communities have benefited from safe rides. The program is also being offered this year in partnership with local transit agencies in Chicago; Dallas; Milwaukee; Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota; and Phoenix.
RTD customers are encouraged to plan ahead this New Year’s Eve by using the Next Ride trip planner and reviewing schedules for the services they intend to use. RTD will operate regular service following Saturday and Sunday schedules, providing additional service where possible. To plan trips and find route and schedule information, visit rtd-denver.com.
The city and county of Denver is hosting two fireworks shows on the 16th Street Mall, at 9 p.m. and midnight, that will affect RTD operations:
- Service on the Free MallRide will be suspended during these events, but will run between shows
- Starting at 8 p.m., the D and H lines will not operate north of Theatre District•Convention Center Station
- Service on the L Line will be suspended
Following are final times that trains will depart from Union Station:
- A Line: 1 a.m.
- B Line: 1:09 a.m. (a single trip has been added)
- E Line: 1:48 a.m.
- G Line: 12:31 a.m. and 1:01 a.m. (both are additional trips)
- N Line: 12:56 a.m. (a single trip has been added)
- W Line: 1:58 a.m.
Following are final times that trains will depart from downtown Denver:
- D Line: 1:15 a.m., 1:45 a.m. (two additional trips departing from 16th•Stout Station)
- H Line: 1:21 a.m., 1:51 a.m. (two additional trips departing from 16th•Stout Station)
Following are final times that buses will depart from downtown Denver:
- Free MallRide: Departs Union Station at 11:55 p.m., Civic Center Station at 12:07 a.m.
- Route 83: Departs Civic Center Station at 12:10 a.m., after which the station will close
- Route 15: Departs Union Station at 12:16 a.m.; bus concourse closes at 12:45 a.m.