Each month we highlight an operator of bus or train for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to feature bus driver Erich Bolding.
“Erich Bolding is just a GREAT driver. He knows and jokes with many of the passengers in our afternoon “daily moving community” on the 65, and has made sure I didn’t miss my stop when I was distracted by something I was reading or forgot to pull the cord. He does a lot of little things that make the ride more pleasant – for example, there is a perennial puddle in the gutter at the stop where I get off, and Erich always make sure he stops before or after it and waits until exiting riders are clear of it before he pulls away so there’s no chance of splashing them (some may think is small but important to many of us). On top of being an awesome driver, Erich also runs a smoking and catering business on the weekends, and makes the most tasty, tender, fall-off-the-bone smoked pork ribs you’ve ever eaten. (Not sure if that’s traditional for a Mother’s Day brunch, but there weren’t any leftovers. Now we just need an excuse to try his brisket and chicken) He’s a great guy!”
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I’ve worked for RTD for 11 years.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I was a truck driver.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Helping people – I’m a people person. I like being around people.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- I really enjoy R & B and rock n roll.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- I would like my bus decked out in gold.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color or does brown/gray go with your eyes?
- I would change the colors to white pants with a gold shirt.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive?
- I would be a limousine driver.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I love cooking and drawing.
Let us know how we’re doing. Give us a compliment, suggestion, or ask us a question by completing a customer comment form.