Each month we highlight an operator of bus or train for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to feature bus driver Greg Filkin.
“I would like to say how grateful I was to have Greg as my bus driver. I was sitting towards the back of the bus and once I exited and went to collect my suitcase, I noticed it was gone and that another passenger had taken it since there was only one remaining black suitcase and it wasn’t mine. Greg said he remembered what the lady looked like, grabbed the suitcase, and ran with me up the escalator into the airport and weaved through the security line to try to find the passenger that took my bag. He was unable to locate her and I ultimately got my bag back, but I just wanted to share how appreciative I was to have a bus driver that cared enough about my belongings that were on his bus as he felt responsible even though it was the lady’s that took my suitcases fault for not paying attention, not his. He did everything possible to help me and in a moment of panic from having my possessions taken from me I could not have been more thankful. RTD is lucky to have him as an employee.”
After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Greg, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
GREG FILKIN WROTE:
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- I’ve been driving with RTD since April 30th of this year.
- What were you in a previous life?
- I was a paperboy for the Denver Post.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Being able to help people.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Super shuttle all types of music.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Hippie style, with flowers and peace signs.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color would you choose?
- I would change the uniform color to green.
- What type of service would you drive if given the chance?
- Any Regional bus service.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- I really enjoy riding my bicycle long distances.