Each month we highlight a bus or train operator for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to do something a little different and feature one of our dispatch operators, Dominique Moye.
“I am a paramedic and the training officer for Highland Rescue Ambulance District in Golden. Yesterday we had a major vehicle fire on I-70. The family lost their vehicle and everything inside. Everyone was luckily able to escape in time, but the family of six, including a wheelchair- bound child with cerebral palsy, was left with no way to get home. I called multiple transportation services who stated they would not accommodate the family size and/or the handicapped child. Finally, I called RTD and Dominique in dispatch sent an Access-a-Ride vehicle to pick the family up. She was professional yet empathic and took the time to figure out how to accommodate a family in such a horrific situation in order to get them home. It was an amazing and humbling experience to see RTD reaching out to help this family with such specific needs in order to get them home safely. Thank you for going above and beyond! You did an amazing service for our community.”
After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Dominique, and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
DOMINIQUE MOYE WROTE:
- How long have you worked for RTD?
- It will be 2 years in November.
- What were you in a previous life?
- A wolf because I love looking at the moon.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Helping passengers as much as I can.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Any kind, I’m not picky.
- What are your favorite hobbies or activities?
- Spending time with my husband and kids.