Each month we highlight operators and other employees for their exceptional customer service. This month we recognize Scott Redfield for going the extra mile to keep our Park-n-Rides clean.
“A police officer with the town of Nederland contacted me to share that the driver seen working there the morning of May 20 does a consistently amazing job, picking up trash at the park-n-ride and interacting well with customers. She told me that a number of people up there believe this individual needs recognition.”
After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Scott, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you driven for RTD, and have you always been a bus driver?
- I’ve been with RTD for 27 years. I really love to drive—I would not have been here this long if I didn’t love driving.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Driving and meeting new people.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Motown and soul music. I love the Stylistics and Chi-Lites.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color?
- I like our current uniforms—they are much better than the brown uniforms we used to wear.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- I love the trips to the mountains and always bid those during the warm weather seasons.