Each month we highlight operators and other employees for their exceptional customer service. This month we recognize Jaime Contreras, for going 22 consecutive years without a preventable accident.
Contreras is 1 of 529 bus operators recognized for going at least one consecutive year without having a preventable accident, but leads the group. After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Jaime, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you driven for RTD, and have you always been a bus driver?
- Yes! I’ve driven for RTD for 23 years.
- What were you in a previous life?
- A chef!
- What do you like best about your job?
- I really enjoy being outside and meeting different people. It’s also great to see different places.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Pink Floyd.
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Something psychedelic would be fun.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color?
- I would pick jeans and a turquoise shirt.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- The MallRide!