Each month we highlight operators and other employees for their exceptional customer service. This month we recognize bus trainer Michele Raty, who consistently goes above and beyond to ensure her students understand the material they receive in a class and why it is important to know that information.
“Michele is a lifesaver and a true asset. I volunteered to teach a few classes for RTD and received notable pushback by the attendees. Michelle was teaching the same class in a different room and offered me advice on how to get things back on track. She actually came to my class and explained why certain policy changes were being implemented and how it was to benefit them. Not only did the rest of the class go smoothly, but she stopped by the next day to see if I needed any additional help and the day after when someone else was teaching. She is someone who truly cares about her students and colleagues.”
“She has been a fabulous addition to the Training team!”
After receiving the commendations, we wanted to know more about Michele, and she graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you driven for RTD, and have you always been a bus driver?
- I have driven for RTD for 3 years and 10 months. Prior to this I worked in an office in Customer Service.
- What were you in a previous life?
- Before RTD I was in Customer Service and a mother to my children.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Seeing the expression on a student’s face when they have their “Aha” moment and helping others learn.
- If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Disco ball in passenger area and mood lights that reflect my mood.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color?
- Light blue dressier shirts and add neck wear.
- What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- FMR (Free Metro Ride).