Operator Donna White noticed a person who was hit by a vehicle. She blocked two lanes of traffic with the bus to prevent other vehicles from hitting the pedestrian again. Due to her actions, she was nominated for Operator of the Month.
Q&A with Donna:
How long have you driven for RTD, and have you always been a bus driver?
- 21 years, yes, I have always been a bus driver.
What were you in a previous life?
- A nurse, because I like helping and taking care of people.
What do you like best about your job?
- Driving, I love to drive.
If you could listen to music while working, what type?
- Down Home Blues.
If you could deck out your bus, what style?
- Radios and speakers on the bus playing jazz
If you could change your uniform color, what color?
- I like the colors that we have now, I like all black.
What type of service would you drive if given the choice and/or favorite service to drive or operate?
- East Colfax.