Section 26.1, 26.23 Objectives I Policy Statement
The Regional Transportation District (RTD) established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. RTD receives Federal financial assistance from the DOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, RTD signed assurances that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of RID to ensure that DBEs as defined in 49 CFR Part 26 have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT assisted contracts. It is also RID's policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts; and
- To assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE Program.
Alexis Serrano Castro/ Manager, Small Business Office within the RTD's Civil Rights Division/ is delegated the responsibility and designated as the RTD DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, Alexis Serrano Castro is responsible for implementing and overseeing all aspects of RTD's DBE Program. Implementation of RTD's DBE Program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by RTD in its financial assistance agreements with the DOT.
RTD disseminated this Policy Statement to its Board of Directors and all components of the organization. The Policy Statement is posted on the RTD website and included in its outside procurements/solicitations (i.e., Invitation for Bids and Requests for Quotes). RID distributed this Policy Statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work pertaining to RTD's DOT-assisted contracts. The Policy Statement was faxed/mailed/e-mailed to all known DBE stakeholder organizations and associations who do or attempt to do business with RID. A current list of recipients can be obtained by contacting the Civil Rights Division. All questions or related correspondence shall be directed to Alexis Serrano Castro, Small Business Office Manager at (303) 299-2072 or Carl Green Jr., Acting Director, Civil Rights Division at (303) 299-2370 or via mail at RTD Civil Rights Division, 1660 Blake Street, Blk-31 Denver, CO 80202.
All related correspondence can be sent to:
RTD Civil Rights Division
1660 Blake Street, Blk-31
Denver, CO 80202