Service Development Division
The Service Development Division is responsible for service planning, scheduling, runcutting, service monitoring, service performance evaluation, and implementation coordination of all RTD services.
The Major Functions of Service Development Include:
- Exploration and development of new and improved services.
- Integration of service planning with marketing, systems planning, and facilities planning.
- Evaluation of service performance according to RTD Transit Service Policies and Standards with recommendations for proposed changes.
- Development and implementation of three system-wide service changes each year.
- Development of new and restructured network, sub-regional, corridor, and community transit service plans.
- Maintenance and development of tools for planning and analysis, including, scheduling, runcutting, geographic information systems, ridership monitoring and analysis, and performance evaluation.
Service Development is divided into three geographically bounded teams to more effectively address RTD's large district. For all questions or comments regarding current service or requests for new service, please email [email protected] or call the Service Development Division at 303-299-2004.
Service Development Documents
Below are a variety of reports on bus and rail ridership statistics, service performance, service changes, and a variety of other reports. To request additional reports and plans, please email [email protected]
- RTD Transit Priority Analysis of Select Corridors, April 2018
- RTD Network Analysis of Potential Improvements to Bus Speed, Delay and Access, March 2016
- RTD Transit Service Policies and Standards
- Call-n-Ride (now known as FlexRide) Performance Review, December 2008
- Shuttle & Circulator Services – Review & Evaluation, October 2008
- August 2019 rail station activity
- May 2019 - August 2019 rail station activity
- April 2019 - May 2019 rail station activity
- January 2019 - April 2019 rail station activity
- August 2018 - January 2019 rail station activity
- May 2018 - August 2018 rail station activity
- January 2018 - May 2018 rail station activity
- August 2017 - January 2018 rail station activity
- May 2017 - August 2017 rail station activity
- January 2017 - May 2017 rail station activity
- How to use rail station activity data
- Preliminary East & I-225 Corridors Service Plan
- Preliminary Gold & Northwest Corridors Service Plan
- Final recommendation for US 36 Service Plan
- January 2014 Service Change
- August 2013 Service Change
- Final West Corridor Service Plan 2013
- January 2013 Service Change
- August 2012 Service Change
- May 2012 Service Change
- 2019 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2018 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2017 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2016 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2015 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2014 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2013 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2012 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2011 Family of Services Tables & Charts
- 2010 Family of Services Tables & Charts
Bus Stop Consolidation
As traffic continues to worsen across the Denver metro area, RTD makes changes to our bus and rail system that are necessary in order to provide the most productive and efficient transit system for our passengers and the communities we serve. We have started consolidating bus stops that are underutilized or bus stops that are within close proximity to other bus stops.