Make tracks with bikes on light rail
We welcome bikes on all of our light rail trains. Just wait by one of the bike loading symbols on the platform, and load your bike at any front or rear entrance (except behind the operator).
- When the train arrives, please allow other passengers to exit or board before loading your bike.
- Stand against the wall and hold on to your bike during the ride.
- Please remember there is a two bike maximum at each bike entrance.
Roll with bikes on buses
Discover how easy it is to take your bike along for the ride. RTD buses feature self-service bike racks on the front of each vehicle, except for the 16th Street FREE MallRide.
- To release the bike rack, squeeze the center handle and lower it down.
- Place the front wheel on the side labeled front wheel.
- Pull the support arm over the wheel closest to the fork.
- When exiting remind the driver you are removing your bike.
- Return the rack to its upright position.
Park your bike
For your convenience, we offer bike trees and racks at many Park-n-Rides and stations. To use the bike tree, lift your bike and place the rim of the front wheel over the black horizontal peg located on the top bar of the rack. The bike frame and both wheels can be locked to the rack.
Rent a bike locker
Are you a bus or light rail passenger who needs regular secure storage for your bike? Then rent one of our bike lockers located at most Park-n-Rides and stations. Each locker holds one bike and all your bike gear. Find locations »
Each bike locker is $30 for a six-month lease with a one-time padlock fee of $20. First time renters need to turn in a lease agreement in person at the Boulder Transit Center, Civic Center Station, or Market Street Station. If you need to renew a lease, you can download the form and submit it at the above locations or send it to RTD, 1600 Blake Street, CSS, Denver, CO 80202.
We're here to make it easy to take your bike for a ride.
Give us a call at 303.299.BIKE or shoot us an email.
Lost & Found/Bike Locker Info
Bikes are held in our Lost & Found for 20 days
With RTD and Denver B-cycle, area residents can get from point A to point B without ever getting into a car. Get rolling today with B-cycle!