Working with Us
At RTD, we’re more than a rail and bus company. We’re a close-knit transit family that plans, schedules, operates, promotes and maintains the public transportation system throughout the metro area. Our people have passion – about transit, communities, and the region as a whole. People who bring this passion to the workplace and want to make our city a more accessible place to live, work, and play. At RTD, we deliver safe, clean, reliable, and cost-effective service to the millions of people we serve every day.
We have over 2,500 employees at RTD in a wide variety of jobs from management, to administrative, to skilled trades. Together, we work hard to keep this city moving day and night. Just take a look at all the jobs we do each and every day.
- Civil Rights
- Contracts and Procurement
- Handling and Purchasing
- Contracted Services
- Bus Maintenance
- Service Development
- Street Operations
- Bus Transportation
- Civil Engineering
- Real Property
- Technical Service
- I-225 Project
- Eagle P3 Project
- North Project
- Quality Assurance
- Southwest, Southeast, and CC Extensions Project
- Systems Engineering and Construction
- Customer Care
- FasTracks Public Information
- Digital Communications
- Controller Division
- Budget and Finance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Program Management
- Program/Project Controls
- Legal Services
- Risk Management
- Information Governance and Management
- Planning Technical Service
- Transit Oriented Communities
- Light Rail Transportation
- Light Rail Maintenance
- Commuter Rail
- Asset Management
- Facilities Engineering
- Facilities Maintenance
- Safety & Environmental
- Transit Police
Find Job Openings
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Search current job openings at RTD, and apply online today. Job listings complete with closing dates and information on the application process are updated weekly.
It's easy to find job opportunities, post your resume, and apply for jobs online. Start by creating a profile on our Job Site. Once your account is created simply find an employment opportunity that interests you and click Apply Now.
About Our Benefits
At RTD we believe happy employees make happy customers. That’s why we offer a complete benefits package with a lot of extra perks.
- A competitive salary
- Paid in-house training programs
- Professional training/education allowances
- Growth potential
- Several medical, dental and vision plan coverage choices
- An excellent retirement savings plan
- A fitness/wellness center
- and so much more!
Our Mission and Values
- Meet our constituents’ present and future public transit needs by providing safe, clean, reliable, courteous, accessible, and cost-effective service throughout the District.
- As a public agency, we are dedicated to serve the public and to meet the public needs for a transit agency.
- We connect people with their community, taking them from point A to point B safely, on time, and in clean and accessible vehicles.
- Our priority is to offer the best customer service. We strive for customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business.
- We work to continuously improve our service. We listen to our employees because your voice is important to us.
- We are committed to providing an affordable service to our customers.
RTD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. RTD is a Drug-Free Workplace.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The Regional Transportation District complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
RTD participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. Learn more.