CollegePass for students
Easy and affordable
CollegePass offers a number of benefits to students:
- Saves on cost of parking and gas
- Automatic enrollment and peace of mind with reliable transportation
- Convenient transportation to school, work, and anywhere else
CollegePass utilizes smart card tap on technology making program administration and riding RTD a breeze. Students are issued their own photo ID CollegePass smart card, which can be easily replaced if the card gets lost or damaged.
How CollegePass works
All participating colleges receive free Local, Limited, Express, and Regional bus service, rail service in all fare zones, and free SkyRide bus service to DIA, except Auraria Campus and Colorado School of Mines where a $5.00 credit is applied toward the SkyRide fare. CollegePass is not valid on special services, including but not limited to Access‑a‑Ride, BroncosRide, BuffRide, RockiesRide, RunRide, Saturday Shopper, and SeniorRide.
- Anschutz Medical Campus
- Community College of Denver
- Metropolitan State College of Denver
- University of Colorado at Denver
- Colorado School of Mines
- Naropa University at Boulder
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- University of Denver
- Escoffier Schools of Culinary Arts
How to use your card
Tap your card on a smart card reader, every time you ride, even when transferring.
Bus — Board the bus and tap your card on the smart card reader next to the driver. By default, your ride is logged at the highest service level available (local, express, regional, SkyRide). Tell the driver if you wish a lower service level.
Rail — Locate the smart card reader near the rail platform, press Local, Express, or Regional service and tap your card on the reader.
Listen for a tone and watch for a light.
Yellow light — Card is valid. Please show your CollegePass to the bus driver or fare inspector if requested.
Red light — Card is not valid. Use other form of fare payment or call 303.299.CARD for assistance. If you feel your card should be valid, please contact your card administrator.
CollegePass for schools
Attractive and affordable solution to parking
CollegePass also offers benefits to schools:
- Recruitment and retention tool for schools
- Saves on campus parking infrastructure and real estate cost
Contact RTD today to see how to get your school started with CollegePass. If you are a school administrator or representative give us a call at 303.299.2132
Have questions about CollegePass?