Determine if parking fees apply
It's free to park at more than half of our Park-n-Rides. Parking fees apply at some Park-n-Rides (see list on the right). If your vehicle is registered at an address within RTD boundaries, you may park for free the first 24-hour period every day you park. For parking that extends beyond the first 24 hours, a $2.00 daily fee applies. Patrons with vehicles registered out of the district pay a $4.00 fee every day they park.
To find a Park-n-Ride closest to you, take a look at the Park-n-Ride map.
To determine if you will need to pay to park at a specific Park-n-Ride, see the free and paid Park-n-Rides to the right.
Determine if you're in or out of District
Fees vary for in and out of District patrons. Use the license plate lookup to see if your vehicle is registered to an address in or out of RTD boundaries.
License plate lookup
Note: changes to your motor vehicle registration record may not be reflected. RTD cannot dispense license plate registration address information nor update vehicle registration records, please contact your county motor vehicle office.
Step 3: Pay for parking
Once you've arrived at the Park-n-Ride or light rail station, find the blue canopy pay station near the bus stop or light rail platform. Your license plate number will be required. You may pay cash (exact change, please) or use VISA, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. Customers may park up to 30 days.
Patrons within the RTD service area may pay a monthly fee for reserved parking for arrival times between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. Monday - Friday. After 10 a.m, reserved parking spaces are available for anyone. To set up an account, please call Central Parking at 303.292.1505.
Set up an automated account
When you set up an account with a required deposit, you receive a 15% discount on parking rates. Each time you park, your account is charged. Call Central Parking at 303.292.1505 to set up an automated account.
Pay-by-phone is available for daily and extended parking. You have several options to pay for parking using your phone:
Parking zones numbers: When you pay by phone, you will need to provide the Park-n-Ride or light rail station parking zone number and the number of days you plan to park. Click the link below to see a list of parking zone numbers. You can also find the parking zone number posted on the sign above the pay station at each location. A nominal fee will be included.
See a list of parking zone numbers
30th and Downing Station - 7016
39th Street and Table Mesa PnR - 7027
70th Avenue and Broadway PnR - 7035
Airport Boulevard and 40th Avenue PnR - 7004
Alameda Station - 7018
Arapahoe at Village Center Station - 7010
Belleview Station - 7008
Boulder Church of the Nazarene PnR - 7026
Colorado Station - 7005
County Line Station - 7012
Dayton Station - 7014
Decatur-Federal - 7037
Dry Creek Station - 7011
Evans Station - 7023
Federal Center - 7041
I-25 and Broadway Station - 7017
Lakewood-Wadsworth - 7039
Lincoln Station - 7013
Littleton/Downtown Station - 7021
Nine Mile Station - 7015
Oak - 7040
Orchard Station - 7009
Sheridan - 7038
Southmoor Station - 7007
Stapleton PnR - 7003
Table Mesa PnR - 7029
Tantra Drive and Table Mesa PnR - 7028
Thornton PnR - 7002
University of Denver Station - 7036
US 36 and Broomfield PnR - 7032
US 36 and Church Ranch PnR - 7033
US 36 and East Flatiron Circle PnR - 7031
US 36 and McCaslin PnR - 7030
US 36 and Westminster Center PnR - 7034
Wagon Road PnR - 7001
Yale Station - 7006
There are no exemptions from parking fees after 24 hours.
If your vehicle is registered to an address outside RTD boundaries you may apply for an exemption from out of district parking fees if you meet any of the following criteria:
- People who recently moved to an address inside RTD boundaries from either Colorado or out-of-State who plan to update their vehicle registration within time limits prescribed by Colorado law.
Out of state Exemption Form
In-state Exemption Form
- U. S. military personnel from out of state who are assigned to active duty in Colorado and who reside within RTD boundaries.
Military exemption form
- College students currently enrolled in at least 10 credit hours, who attend classes a minimum of 3 days a week and temporarily reside within RTD boundaries while attending school.
Student exemption form
- Drivers whose vehicles display a valid disabled placard or license plate are exempt from paying parking fees for the first 24-hours. For parking that extends beyond the first 24-hours, a $2.00 daily fee applies. (No exemption form is required).
Nonpayment of applicable parking fees will result in any of the following violations:
- First violation: warning
- Second violation: $20
- Third violation: $50
- Fourth violation: $100
- Fifth and subsequent violation: $100, boot or tow at owner's risk
If you disagree with your violation notice, you can fill out a violation dispute form or call 303.292.1505. Violations can be paid by calling 303.292.1505, or online. Patrons with a dispute have the right to a formal dispute hearing conducted by an appointed RTD Hearing Officer. Requests for such a hearing must be made in writing with 14 days of the occurrence to the Parking Program Manager, 1600 Blake Street Denver, CO 80202.
Alternatives to parking
Though we try to plan adequate space at all Park-n-Rides, certain locations fill up early. If they do, consider the following:
- Take an RTD bus or Call-n-Ride to your Park-n-Ride, and ask the driver for a transfer when you board. Use it as a credit toward your fare on your connecting route.
- Try another Park-n-Ride along your route.
- Have someone drop you off and pick you up.
- Start/join a carpool or vanpool.
- Ride your bike, rent a bike locker or bring your bike with you on bus or light rail. RTD has a limited number of leased bike lockers available and many bike racks.
The fine print about Park-n-Ride and parking fees
RTD Park-n-Rides are for the specific use of transit passengers. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Covered and uncovered parking options vary by location. Drivers of vehicles who are in violation of the parking rules and fees may receive a warning, be ticketed, booted or towed at the owner’s expense. RTD is not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of your vehicle or belongings while parked at a Park-n-Ride. Central Parking manages and monitors all license plates daily at Park-n-Rides where parking fees apply.
How to ride resources
Fees at Park-n-Rides
In-District and out-of-District patrons can park for FREE at the following facilities:
- 8th and Coffman
- 104th Avenue and Revere
- Alameda and Havana
- Aspen Park
- Bergen Park
- Broadway Marketplace
- C-470 and South University Blvd
- El Rancho
- Englewood Station
- Genesee Park
- Highlands Ranch Town Center
- Hwy 119 and Niwot
- Jefferson County Gov't Center - Golden Station
- Ken Caryl and C-470
- Lincoln and Jordan
- Lutheran Church
- Olde Town Arvada
- Paradise Hills
- Pine Junction
- SH 72 and SH 93
- Smoky Hill and Picadilly
- Southwest Plaza
- US 85 and 72nd Avenue
- US 85 and Bridge Street
- US 285 and Mountain View
- US 285 and Twin Forks
- US 287 and 21st Street
- US 287 and Niwot Road
- Wadsworth and Hampden
- Ward Road
Park-n-Rides with fees
In-District, initial 24 hours per visit: free
In-District, each additional 24 hours: $2.00
Out-of-District, every 24 hours: $4.00
- 27th Way and Broadway
- 30th and Downing Station
- 39th St and Table Mesa
- 70th Ave and Broadway
- Airport Blvd and 40th Ave
- Alameda Station
- Arapahoe at Village Center Station
- Belleview Station
- Boulder Church of the Nazarene
- Colorado Station
- County Line Station
- Dayton Station
- Decatur-Federal Station
- Dry Creek Station
- Evans Station
- Federal Center Station
- I-25 and Broadway Station
- Lakewood-Wadsworth Station
- Lincoln Station
- Littleton-Mineral Station
- Littleton-Downtown Station
- Nine Mile Station
- Oak Station
- Orchard Station
- Sheridan Station
- Southmoor Station
- Table Mesa
- Tantra Dr and Table Mesa
- University of Denver Station**
- US 36 and Broomfield
- US 36 and Church Ranch
- US 36 and East Flatiron Circle
- US 36 and McCaslin
- US 36 and Westminster Center
- Wagon Road
- Yale Station
* Starting October 27, 2014, RTD has implemented parking fees at the following stations: Decatur-Federal, Sheridan, Lakewood-Wadsworth, Oak and Federal Center
** No overnight parking permitted at this station.