Each month we highlight operators and other employees for their exceptional customer service. This month we would like to recognize Desi Weathers, a service and cleaning technician who not only turned his life around but worked hard to make himself an indispensable member of the light rail maintenance team.
“Thanks to Desi Weathers for stepping up to the challenge of cleaning light rail vehicles during this time of great importance. He was cleaning by himself one day last week and he accomplished all that needed to be done. He’s a great asset to the Service and Cleaning Team.” -Teri Thompson, Desi’s supervisor
After receiving the commendation, we wanted to know more about Desi, and he graciously agreed to answer a few of our questions.
- How long have you been with RTD?
- Three years and three months.
- What were you in a previous life?
- To be honest it feels like a previous life. I was heavily addicted to Crystal Meth for about 10 years. I have cleaned up my act and have been sober now for 6 years.
- What do you like best about your job?
- The pay, and I can work at my own pace.
- If you could listen to music all day long, what type would it be?
- I listen to 93.3 on the radio, Alternative Rock.
- If you could deck out a light rail vehicle, how would it look?
- I would have color changing LED lights inside with dance music.
- If you could change your uniform color, what color would you choose?
- Black would be my uniform color.