Proof of eligibility
If you are riding with a discounted pass or ticket, you must be able to present proof of eligibility every time you ride.
- Seniors, age 65+: photo ID showing passenger's age, Medicare card or RTD-issued Special Discount Card
- Students, ages 14-19: current student ID or proof of current school enrollment. Applies only to students in elementary, middle and high school.
- Children, ages 6-13: proof of eligibility not required.
- Individuals with disabilities: RTD-issued Special Discount Card or Medicare card.
Special discount cards
Seniors and individuals with disabilities may obtain a special discount card. Read eligibility requirements and learn how to apply for a card below.
U.S. military ride for free
Active duty members of the U.S. military currently ride for free on all RTD services. See conditions.
Special Discount Card
RTD's Special Discount Card (SDC) provides proof of eligibility for discount fares. Review eligibility requirements and learn how to apply for or replace a special discount card:
Eligibility requirements for new, expired or renewal cards
To be eligible for a SDC, you must provide proof of your disability dated within the last three months. One of the following original items will be accepted as proof of disability:
- Medicare Card: White, red, and blue cards accepted.
- Social Security Disability Insurance: Please provide a current TPQY form or Notice of Award letter which indicates that you are disabled and that you have received benefits within the last twelve months.
- V.A. Letter: Bring official letter on V.A. letterhead that states you have at least a 50% disability.
- Healthcare Provider Statement Form: This form must have been signed and dated by the healthcare provider within the last three months. Healthcare Professionals, if applicant meets the eligibility criteria, please attach a statement on your professional letterhead noting the name and diagnosis of the applicant and describing in detail how the applicant meets the eligibility criteria. Download Healthcare Provider Statement Form
No other proof of disability will be accepted. Photocopies and faxes will not be accepted.
How to apply
Bring your proof of disability, $2.00, and photo identification to one of the following RTD locations:
- 1600 Blake Street, Denver
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 1:30pm and 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- 1400 Walnut Street, Boulder
Monday only, 12:00pm - 2:00 pm
- Longmont Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Avenue, Longmont
Second Monday of each month, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Photos will not be taken on the following days: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
RTD will accept photo identification issued by a state or federal agency, such as a state driver's license or V.A. card. Photocopies will not be accepted. Upon approval of your eligibility, you will be issued a card, entitling you to use RTD's fixed-route bus service by paying a reduced-cash fare or purchasing a monthly pass at a discounted rate.
Personal attendants, aides and trainers
Personal attendants, aides and trainers accompanying passengers who have a disability are permitted to ride for free.
Lost or damaged cards
To replace a lost or stolen SDC, go to the locations above at the times listed. The first card will be replaced at a charge of $2.00. Each additional lost card will be replaced at a charge of $5.00 to a maximum of five cards replaced in one year. Damaged cards will be replaced at no charge; however, the damaged card must be presented at the time of being reissued.
Discount bus and rail Fares
|Local & Limited
1-2 light rail fare zones
3 light rail fare zones
4 light rail fare zones
Discount SkyRide Fares