Interactive Voice Response Scheduling
RTD is implementing an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system for Access-a-Ride and Access-a-Cab customers. This is a voice-activated phone tree that allows you to more easily manage trips and confirmations. The following information is being provided for information only and is not intended as a comprehensive explanation of each feature.
INBOUND CALLS (Calls to RTD)
- Passengers may use IVR to check the status of same day trips
- Passengers may check about trips scheduled for future dates
- Passengers may cancel trips up to 2 hours prior to the pickup window
- Passengers may schedule a new trip based on “Favorite Addresses” saved in their trip history profile
OUTBOUND CALLS (Calls from RTD)
- The night before, passengers will receive a call to remind them about their next day trip(s)
- On the day of service, passengers will receive a call letting them know that their vehicle will be arriving within 10-15 minutes
- System wide emergency notification calls, e.g. weather impacting service
- Passengers will need to make fewer calls to Reservations or Dispatch to confirm trip information for next day or same day
- Passengers will need to make fewer calls to Reservations or Dispatch to cancel trips
- Calls to Dispatch inquiring the status of a same day trip will be automated
Learning the IVR system
Reservations agents or Dispatchers will continue to be available if passengers are having problems navigating the IVR system. The system is very sensitive when using voice recognition and is easily interrupted with background noise, so please speak clearly.
Customer Information Updates
The call center will be responsible for managing requests for IVR password resets and updates (add/remove) to passengers’ favorite addresses (for Access-a-Cab trips). Passwords and all updates will be reset within 24 to 48 hours.
Passengers will be able to schedule Access-a-Cab trips, using the IVR system, at any time up to 23 hours in advance, limited to four trips per day. If a passenger is having an issue scheduling a trip between 6:00am and 9:00pm, they will have the option of transferring to a reservation agent. If a passenger is having an issue scheduling a trip between 9:00pm and 6:00am, calls will go to Dispatch. The Dispatch team will manage any issues and help book trips during those times.
RTD continues to make improvements to its services and hopes that your IVR experience is positive. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care at 303-299-6000.
RTD makes every effort to ensure individuals with disabilities have access to, and benefits from, our services. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and FTA requirements, we invite requests for reasonable modifications to customers with disabilities.
Reasonable modifications include changes, exceptions or adjustments to our rules, policies, practices, and procedures to provide everyone with the opportunity to use RTD services.